The Wedding

~Hey really sorry if the wedding seems a little short or whatever but I haven't actually been to a wedding since I was like 7, so I really only had the movie to use when writing this~

The next day, the girls were in one room getting ready for the wedding that would take place in just over an hour. Adeline and Alice were ready and just finishing up with Bella as Rose entered the room.

"Do you need some help? I can do your hair for you." she offered, shocking Bella.

"Really?" Bella asked skeptically.

"Please, I'm not offended by your choice of groom."

"Just my blatant lack of respect for my own mortality" Bella said snidely.

"Essentially" Rose said, tight smile on her face.

Alice tried to break the growing tension, "Weddings. They bring everyone together."

Before any more could be said they heard a woman calling, "Alice? Bella?"

"In here mom" Bella replied to who Adeline now knew was her mother.

"Oh my God!" Renee's hands came up to hold her face as she caught sight of Bella, tears springing to her eyes.

Adeline seeing this was going to be a family moment, moved out of the room to give them more privacy. She passed Charlie on the way and gave him a smile, which he returned. Apparently, his dislike of the Cullen clan really was limited to just Edward.

She headed off to Edward's room, where the boys were all hanging out, finishing getting ready as they waited for the guests to finish arriving. Carlisle and Esme already being out there to greet them as they came in.

"Brides almost ready" she announced, making her way to Jasper's side to straighten his bow tie. "Just having a moment with her parents."

"Oh thank god! I can't wait to be done so I can get this damn monkey suit off" Emmet groaned.

"You do know you have to wear it till the couple actually leaves right?" Jasper questioned with a smile.

"Yeah, but I can at least ditch this thing" Emmet said pulling at the tie around his neck, "I feel like its going to strangle me."

"Emmet you don't breathe" Adeline giggled at his expression.

"Well, it sucks" He declared and they all laughed at him.

Soon enough they were all gathered outside, greeting the guests and helping people find their seating. Adeline was especially happy to see their cousins again and greeted them all with a big smile and hugs as they spent a few minutes catching up.

Then it was time for everyone to be seated and the vows to be exchanged. Adeline watched the whole ceremony with a big smile on her face, glad that her brother was finally getting someone to share his life with. 

Jasper spent the whole ceremony with Adeline's hand placed firmly in his and settled on his lap, gently stroking it. He was reminded of their own wedding and how perfect she had looked that day and was now beginning to consider proposing to her again. While they were already married, he thought he could do something like what Emmet and Rose did a few years back where they renewed their vows.

Eventually all the vows were made and the newly married couple were sharing their first kiss as everyone cheered and clapped for them. They all stood up and mingled as people took turns congratulating the couple. Adeline took this as her chance to finish greeting the friends she had not yet had the chance to.

"Seth! My hero!" She declared as she approached him, his mother; Sue, and Billy. She brought him into a hug that he gladly accepted and returned.

Jasper was trailing behind her with a smile on his face. "Thank you. I didn't get the chance to say it earlier, but thank you for protecting her while I couldn't" he held out his hand for Seth to shake.

"It was no trouble. Happy to help a pretty lady in need" Seth joked, sending her a wink.

Adeline laughed before she turned to Sue, "Yes, your son helped to protect myself and Bella during that battle with the newborns. He was very brave. You must be so proud to have raised such a wonderful son."

"Thank you, I am." Sue commented, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Darlin' manners" Jasper reminded her, bringing his arm up to circle her waist.

"Oh yes right! Sorry. I'm Adeline and this is Jasper, my boyfriend." She would have introduced him as her husband or fated but was mindful of all the humans around them.

"Right yes, the Elemental" Billy said keeping his voice low, "the boys have told me a lot about you and your kind."

"All good things I hope" she joked with a smile.

They talked for a few more minutes before heading off to be seated.

Once everyone was in their seats, Emmet headed up to grab the mic to make the first speech. Adeline and her family all exchanged smirks, already knowing that this would be a speech to remember.

"Excuse me. Is this on? Hello? Umm, I'd like to propose a toast. To my new sister. Bella, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last 18 years. Because you won't be getting anymore for a while." He finished with a laugh and Adeline brought her hands up to hide her face in them while Jasper hid a laugh. Rose on the other just buried her face in her hands, muttering about how she was going to smack her "idiot husband". They knew he was talking about her becoming a vampire, but they also knew that everyone else who did not know about vampires did not take it that way. They shook their heads at him as he got down from the mic and Jessica got up to take his place.

The speeches carried on, Adeline, Jasper and their other siblings talking and laughing quietly about them as they did. They all agreed though that Charlie's speech, full of not-so-subtle threats against Edward, was one of the best, if not the best they had ever heard. Eventually, they came to an end and the Cullens sat there pretending to eat as dinner was served, laughing and joking with each other.

When dinner was over, the music started up again and they all headed for the dance floor. They watched the couple dance their first song as a married couple before eventually joining in themselves.

They all switched off dancing with everyone in their family and some who weren't. Adeline had even kidnapped Seth to dance a song with her. The two spent the entire song laughing as Seth joked about stealing her away if Jasper was not careful just so he would have a date who knew how to dance for his prom next year. Alice had also grabbed Jasper, and the two had taken over the floor showing everyone what true dancing really was as he spun her around and flipped her over his arm, the family and guests cheering them on as they did.

Nearing the end of the wedding, when Adeline was dancing in Jasper's arm, her head on his chest, she suddenly felt him tense. "What's wrong?"

"Jacob's here. And Bella just told him that she is going to be turned. He's not happy about it."

Adeline groaned, wondering how she ever thought this wedding could be drama free. "Should we go intervene?" she asked reluctantly.

"No, the pack is there. They're keeping him from doing something stupid. And now they're all heading out, including Seth."

"Oh, I was hoping I would get to say bye and ask him to give Emily my number."

Jasper glanced down her, "you'll have another chance Darlin'."

"That's true" she settled her head back onto his chest, simply wanting to enjoy the moment instead of worrying.

Eventually, the wedding came to an end, everyone lining up to see the couple off and waving as they drove off. When they were gone, the rest of the Cullens saw the guests off before moving to clean up. None of them needed sleep so they decided to just get it over with and by the time to sun came up, no one could have known that there had been a wedding there the night before.