Days Leading up to the Battle

It was the day after training that Edward had called Jasper early in the morning. Something he was not happy about as he was content laying in bed with his wife under him as he trailed kisses down her body. He groaned as the phone rang, ignoring it as best he could to focus on her.

"Shouldn't you get that?"

"Get what Darlin'? I don't hear a thing." She giggled at that and tried to reach for the phone, but he pined her arms above her head. He distracted her with kisses as the phone stopped ringing, grinning down at her.

"See? What call?" Just then the phone began to ring again and he sighed, mentally swearing to tear whoever it was apart if this wasn't important.

"Hello?" he growled, sending Adeline a playful glare as she tried not to laugh at his tone.

"Jasper, I need your advice on something" Edward said, skipping over the greetings.

"Can it wait? I'm a little busy at the moment" He stroked his hands up and down Adeline's bare thigh making her shiver and grin up at him.

"No. Its about Bella's safety."

He sighed, "fine, what do you need" he asked as he rolled his eyes. He honestly could have guessed it had something to do with the human. The only time Edward ever really talked to the family these days was when he needed something.

"If the army is after Bella, we were thinking of having her lead them to us with her scent, but then we would need a way of getting her out of there without the newborns being able to follow, and we were hoping you could think of something."

Jasper closed his eyes, considering it. It was a good start to a plan, he had to admit that, it would lead the newborns to them and keep them together so that they would not spread out. Which would risk some making it to town. 

But leave it to his idiot brother and girlfriend to not have thought it all the way through. He thought about options as he continued to rub circles on Adeline's thigh absently, making her squirm. "What about the wolves?" he said finally.

"Wolves?" Jasper could hear the disgust in Edward's voice through the phone.

"Yes wolves. Their smell should be strong enough to cover Bella's scent and just like us the newborns will not want to get close to it."

"That could work" Edward said slowly thinking it through. "Okay we'll call up Bella's mutt. Meet us in the clearing we plan to fight in in two hours." He hung up, without giving Jasper a chance to reply.

He groaned, tossing his phone on the nightstand and letting his head fall so it rested on Adeline's chest. She let out a giggle at his dramatics. "There, there, Tesoro." She comforted, a smile still on her face.

"Do ya think he would notice if I just didn't show up?"

"I'm afraid he probably would" she said, a laugh clear in her voice.

He glared up at her then, "I hope you know that you are coming too. If I have to be around those three then I will need you to keep me from tearing my hair out in frustration."

"Well, we can't have you doing that now can we? After all I am quite fond of it." She brought her hands up to run her fingers through said hair.

He closed his eyes at the feeling, "you know we still have two hours till we have to meet them."

"Do we now?" she arched a brow, knowing exactly where he was headed with this.

"Mmm, and with my speed we would only have to leave a few minutes before. Which means that we still have plenty of time for other things." He smirked, leaning down to whisper in her ear, giving it a lick as he finished.