Time to Vote

A while later Alice knocked on their door and told them that Bella would be coming over soon to talk to everyone, so Jasper and Adeline got up. Or at least Adeline tried to. The minute she tried to stand; her legs gave out on her feeling at soft as jelly. Before she could hit the floor, Jasper was at her side, holding her up with a self-satisfied smirk on his face as he looked down at her.

"Something wrong Darlin'?"

She blew out a frustrated breath and sent him a weak glare that he thought was adorable. "This is all your fault. You know that right?"

"Well then let me make it up to you." He swung her up into his arms and carried her off to the bathroom, setting her on the counter as he turned on the shower. He let it warm up, knowing she liked her showers hot, before lifting her back into his arms and carrying her into the shower stall. He placed her back on her feet, with her back leaning against his chest, one of his arms wrapped around her waist to keep her up. She moaned at the blissful feeling of the water on her aching body and Jasper's hands as he began to wash her.

When they were done and he had dried her off, Jasper once again picked her up and carried her to the closet. He helped her dress in an old shirt of his and loose exercise shorts she liked to sleep in, fully intending to return to bed to cuddle with her after this meeting.

Picking her up once again to carry her downstairs, she asked "do you intend to carry me everywhere from now on?"

He laughed and smiled down at her, "that sounds like an amazing way to spend the rest of my life; with my beautiful wife wrapped safely in my arms."

She smiled at him, wrapping her own arms around his neck and snuggling into him. "Good. Because this is my favourite place to be and I would be very happy to spend forever in your arms."

Alice and Rose shattered the moment by letting out "Aww's" at how cute they were being.

Adeline blushed, but Jasper just grinned and continued to hold her as he walked towards the back of the room to lean against the wall. When he heard the door open, he let Adeline down, but kept her close, allowing her to lean back against him as his arms wrapped around her front and her own hands came up to hold them in place. His head rested on top of hers and she smiled in contentment. She knew Bella was going to bring more drama with her the moment she began to talk, the girl always seemed to attract it somehow, but for the moment she relaxed, enjoying the peace that came with being in her Tesoro's arms.

A moment later, Bella came down the stairs, Edward behind her, and stopped a few steps before the bottom so she was looking down at everyone. "You all know what I want. And I know how much I'm asking for. The only thing I can think of for it to be fair is to just vote."

"You don't know what you're talking about" Edward cut in.

"Shut up" Bella said sharply, "this is my meeting. Alice?"

Alice skipped up to her, giving her a hug saying, "I already consider you my sister. Yes."

"Thank you" Bella said, happy the first vote went her way.

"I'm sorry", surprisingly Rosalie was the next to speak up, "I'm really sorry to both of you for how I've acted. And I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go and save my brother but this isn't a life I would have chosen for myself. And I wish that there had been someone to vote no for me, so, no."

"I vote hell yeah!" Emmet said breaking the tension and picking Bella up to spin her around, "and we can pick a fight with these Volturi some other way." 

Adeline closed her eyes at this, silently promising herself that she would never let Emmet and the Volturi meet. That would be just asking for trouble.