Bella's Party and Disaster

Eventually, the day of Bella's birthday arrived. Alice had been fluttering about the house the day before, excited to have an excuse to throw a party. She had already made sure that she had all the decorations anyone could want and that the gifts had been prepared and wrapped.

Alice took her gift with her to school though, intending for Bella to wear it that night to the party. That way, Alice had reasoned, she at least did not have to worry about them all being subjected to Bella's questionable taste. Knowing the human, she would show up in old jeans and a ragged shirt. Which in Alice's mind was not at all appropriate for a party, especially not when the party was being held for said person.

As they pulled up to the school, Alice immediately began scanning the parking lot, catching only a brief glimpse of Edward leading Bella inside the school.

Shooting a glare at the doors the couple had disappeared into, she let out a huff. "C'mon. We have to go find them."

"What's the rush Ally? We have all day to tell her about the party?" Adeline asked as Jasper helped her out of the Jeep.

"The point is I don't want to wait! How am I supposed to make sure everything will be perfect if I don't even know what time the birthday girl is coming?"

"You do realize she has to agree to come first, right?" Jasper reminded her, silently hoping the human already had plans.

Alice whirled on him with a glare. "Yes, Jasper. I am aware of that." Quick as a flash she took hold of Adeline's arm and gently yanked her over to her side. "Which is why if you wish to spend anytime uninterrupted with your wife this next week you will ensure that Bella is in the mood to enjoy her birthday."

With that, Alice turned and marched towards the school, dragging poor Adeline behind her. She was going to find Bella and ask her permission to throw this party, just as she promised Carlisle. However, he never said she couldn't have some help in convincing her. Help only her emotion altering brother could provide and if she had to kidnap his wife to gain that help then so be it. She was going to have this party and her family was going to have fun at it and finally get to know Bella better so they could get rid of the awkward tension that had engulfed the family these past few months.

Dragging Adeline with her, she wove her way through the crowds following the sound of Edward's and Bella's voices as they discussed her birthday. Cutting left, she sped up, intending to cut them off by the stairs. She reached the rail and jumped over it, remembering just in time to release her hold on her sister so she didn't pull Adie over with her.

Adeline smiled and shook her head at her sister's actions. They were supposed to be blending in with the humans. Jumping over stair rails was not exactly the way to do that, but she could never be angry with Alice for it. Not when she was so obviously happy and excited about something.

Following at a much slower pace, choosing to walk down the stairs instead of jumping, Adeline listened to their conversation as she approached.

"Bella! Happy birthday!" Alice sang as she pulled Bella in for a hug, only to be shushed by the girl.

Undeterred, Alice backed up and handed Bella her gift.

"I thought I said no presents" Bella grumbled, though a smile played on her lips at the sight of it.

At the sight of the smile, Adeline felt herself grin. It would appear Alice would not have the struggle she had predicted in getting the girl to agree to the party.

"Well, this should be easy" a voice breathed in her ear causing her to jump in surprise.

"Give me a heart attack why don't you?" she muttered, leaning into Jasper's side as his arm snaked around her waist.