Chapter 26

----- Cindrella Boy -----

***

"Ha? What did he say? Ri-riding? What?!" Zhan was so panicked that he grabbed Yibo's thigh so tightly that it made Yibo flinch in surprise.

"What is it, honey?" Yibo asked after turning his attention away from the other guests. He was shocked to see Zhan's pale face, then he looked around, looking for someone who had dared to make his fiancé afraid. And his eyes caught two men who were currently looking at Zhan. He was surprised when he found and recognized the two men. One of the men was Prince Teo, while the other was... Yibo frowned when he looked at the man named Shawn Dou. The man who had a cold nature like himself was looking at Zhan with a sharp gaze.

"Why is Prince Shawn looking at Zhan like that?" Yibo thought confused. Prince Shawn Dou himself is the King's younger brother. His character is the complete opposite of the friendly king Chow Yun Fat.

"Is something wrong with my fiancé, Prince Shawn?" Yibo asked suddenly and managed to make the cold gaze turn to him.

The man didn't answer Yibo's question, he just stared at him silently. A moment later the man called Prince Shawn turned his attention and continued eating his meal.

After making Prince Shawn divert his attention from Zhan, Yibo turned back to his fiancé. But he still saw fear on the sweet man's face. "Darling?" And at that moment he realized why Zhan was pale. The cause is Prince Teo.

"Master Wang, invite your fiance to ride with us."

Yibo was about to decline the invitation, because he knew Zhan didn't want to ride, but Prince Teo interrupted him.

"Don't worry, it's not just the men who are riding, Master Wang. The ladies and duchesses are also taking part. You can't possibly let your fiancé just sit in the corner watching you ride?"

Yibo was silent, of course he didn't want to leave Zhan alone without him. He turned to Zhan who was looking back at him.

"Please, don't let me ride with you guys." That's what Yibo saw on Zhan's face. He knew the sweet man didn't want to ride anymore. But.... Again, Prince Teo's words always made him unable to move. Leaving Zhan alone would be more dangerous.

Yibo grabbed Zhan's hand and held it. Squeeze it gently to soothe it. "Okay, Prince Teo, my fiancé will come riding with me," he said after turning away from Zhan.

"Aahhhh!!!! Wang Yibo!!!" Zhan screamed in his heart. It's not that Zhan can't ride, it's that he can't ride while wearing a dress. He was afraid that his wig would fall apart in the wind, and worse, it would fly away.

Prince Teo grinned. "Good."

Yibo tightened his jaw, glaring at the man who was grinning while looking at his Zhan again. "What are you planning, Prince Teo. I won't let you interfere with what's mine." When he was about to divert his attention from Prince Teo, he again caught Prince Shawn looking back at Zhan sharply. Yibo really doesn't understand why Prince Shawn seems to hate his fiancé.

.

.

A while later, before the horse riding event started.