Chapter 34

----- Cindrella Boy -----

***

Lin Yi was stunned when he entered the dining room which looked deserted. He didn't see Wang Yibo or Xiao Zhan there. He only saw several waiters serving food on a table for one person.

"Where is your master?" Lin Yi asked one of the servants.

The servant bowed his head slowly,, then answered Lin Yi's question, "Master Wang and Master Zhan are in the stables, Master."

One of Lin Yi's eyebrows went up. "At the stables?" He wondered in his heart, what they were doing in the morning in the stable.

"Yes, Master. Master Wang and Master Zhan are there. It looks like one of Master Zhan's favorite mare's will give birth today," he explained.

A dumbfounded expression crossed Lin Yi's face. "A mare gave birth? Zhan's favorite mare?"

.
.
.
.

Inside the stable.

Zhan's beloved white mare, named Artemis, is about to give birth. Some of the stable managers were seen frantically trying to help the mare's birth.

Meanwhile, Xiao Zhan was busy walking here and there following Wang Yibo who was preparing for the birth of his beloved white mare.

"Wangyi, I want to help," he asked. But Wang Yibo forbade it. Merely lifting straw is not permitted.

"Sit in the stable, darling. You don't need to lift this straw. You just have to watch the birth of Artemis' child," said Yibo as he passed Zhan who was blocking his way.

Xiao Zhan again followed behind Wang Yibo. "But I want to help, Wangyi. I can't just stay silent," he said. His hands were itching to do physical labor like before. He began to feel bored being at Wang Yibo's house without doing any work.

Xiao Zhan feels trapped in Wang Yibo's house. Not allowed to do things that a servant would do.

"No. I don't want you to get your hands dirty with this hay, darling."

Wang Yibo's words made Xiao Zhan stop in his tracks. Seconds later, he stepped back after the man and grabbed his shoulder.

Wang Yibo stopped in his tracks and looked at Xiao Zhan with a confused look. "What else is there, darling?"

"Do you think of me as a woman, Wangyi?"

"What?"

"Just now you said that you didn't want my hands to get dirty with the straw you brought. Have you forgotten, Wangyi, I used to be a gardener. I was always involved with plants and soil. I could even carry a sack of fertilizer."

Wang Yibo blinked, and suddenly he could imagine his tiny Xiao Zhan carrying a sack of fertilizer. And that image made Wang Yibo sad. "I know, darling. But as long as you live with me, I won't allow you to do that again. And remember, I never thought of you as a woman."

Xiao Zhan's mouth was wide open, unable to believe what he had just heard. "What? Why did you forbid me?! What right do you have to forbid me?!"

Wang Yibo immediately turned around and continued his delayed steps. Ignoring his fiancé's protests behind him. He had decided to avoid arguing with Xiao Zhan. He didn't want to hear that scary threat again.

"Wangyi!" Xiao Zhan screamed because he was ignored. He immediately chased Wang Yibo into the stable.

When he entered, Xiao Zhan was about to protest again, but after seeing Artemis's state of pain he immediately thought better of it. "Is she okay, Wangyi?"