Chapter 30

----- Cindrella Boy -----

***

That night, Yibo sat daydreaming in his workroom with his back leaning on his chair. Thinking back to the events that happened inside the palace and at Luo Jin's house. He was still curious about the person who ordered Deng Lun to look for information about his Zhan. Yibo thinks there is a big secret about Zhan's background.

Knock knock

Yibo glanced irritably at the door that was knocked. "Who?!"

"It's me, Lin Yi."

Rolling his eyes lazily, Yibo replied, "What else is there, Lin Yi? Go to sleep, don't bother me."

"There's something I want to tell you. Come on, Yibo, open the door. Or I'll just talk to Zhan."

"Don't you dare disturb Zhan, Lin Yi just go to sleep, or you'll suffer the consequences!" Yibo snapped.

From behind the door, Lin Yi grimaced when he heard the threat from his cousin. "Tch, you sick bastard," he grumbled softly. "Then open the door, Yibo. I want to talk."

The sound of a table banging coming from inside the workroom made Lin Yi flinch in surprise. He had intended to give up on talking to Yibo tonight, but when he remembered there was something important, he was forced to try to be brave. "Damn, why do his emotions fluctuate so often," Lin Yi muttered.

Not long after, the door to Yibo's workroom opened, Lin Yi grimaced again when he saw Yibo's gloomy face. "H-hi."

Lin Yi immediately went inside as Yibo turned around and walked towards his desk. After closing the door, he stepped closer to Yibo's work desk, then sat down in the chair in front of him.

"What important thing do you want to tell me?" Yibo asked in a slightly lazy tone.

Lin Yi who was sitting opposite Yibo took a deep breath. "Do you still remember what I said at the palace?"

Yibo nodded.

"I... I'm just guessing. Could it be that the one ruling Deng Lun is Prince Teo?"

Yibo's face darkened when he heard that name. "So you think Prince Teo wants Zhan?!"

Lin Yi shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Hey, don't look at me like that!" Lin Yi protested when he saw Yibo glaring at him. "I told you that I was just guessing. It's not necessarily that he was the one who ordered Deng Lun to look for information about Zhan. But my suspicions do point to him, because he's a playboy. And you also noticed his gaze on Zhan, right?"

Yibo nodded again, and he hated remembering Prince Teo's gaze towards Zhan. "Are you sure that the one who rules Deng Lun is Prince Teo?"

Lin Yi shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just guessing. What do you think?"

"If it is true that Prince Teo is the one who rules Deng Lun, I swear I will destroy Deng Lun as well as that damn Teo," growled Yibo.

"Wo-woii, Deng Lun doesn't know anything, he was only assigned to find information about Zhan."

"What an idiot!! It's the same!! How dare he find out about Zhan's background behind my back!! Deng Lun will suffer the consequences for prying out information about my Zhan!!"

Lin Yi suddenly shifted his seat a little away. He was increasingly convinced that his intention to talk to Yibo tonight was the biggest mistake. "Ahem, calm down, cousin. It's not certain that the person who rules Deng Lun is Prince Teo. It could be someone else," he said, sounding squeaky.