Chapter 37

----- Cindrella Boy -----

***

Prince Shawn purposely did not close the window curtains of his horse-drawn carriage. He wanted to enjoy the very gentle breeze and bright weather that day.

After leaving Wang Yibo's residence, he intended to go to the grave of Xianxian, his wife. He wanted to share stories with his wife about his son whom he had managed to find.

Currently Prince Shawn has mixed feelings. Between relief, fear and also joy.

It felt like the mental burden he had been carrying for a long time was slowly reducing.  Now is the time for him to carry out his obligations as a father and make amends for his mistakes at that time.  "Zhan...."

While he was daydreaming about what plan he would make to get forgiveness from his son, his eyes accidentally caught something that looked familiar that his carriage had just passed. Suddenly he straightened up and opened the carriage window. He stuck his head out of the window to look behind him.

"Stop the carriage!" he exclaimed suddenly in a loud voice.

Hearing his master's order, Deng Lun immediately stopped the carriage.

"W-what is it, Prince?"

Prince Shawn gripped the window grill tightly. Horror thoughts ran through his head. "Turn the carriage back! We're returning to Master Wang's residence!"

"B-but, Prince, what's wrong? Did you miss something?"

"Don't talk too much!! Quickly carry out my orders!!"

"O-okay, Prince."

Deng Lun immediately turned the horse-drawn carriage around.

Prince Shawn closed the window curtains again. He sat down feeling scared. "God, I hope it's not what I think it is."

.

.

.

At Wang Yibo's residence.

Xiao Zhan woke up from his thoughts when he heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"Who?"

"It's me, darling."

Xiao Zhan took a deep breath, he was forced to get out of bed to open the door, because the door was locked from the inside. But when his hand was about to touch the key, suddenly a hand grabbed him from behind and pulled him away from the door.

"Mpphh!" Xiao Zhan panicked while struggling.

"I finally got you, Xianxian."

The deep voice whispering in his ear made Xiao Zhan's body stiffen. "Mphh!!" He tried to break free, but failed. One of the person's arms hugged his body tightly.

Xiao Zhan wondered in his heart, who had dared to enter Wang Yibo's residence and infiltrate his room.

.

Meanwhile, outside the door of the room, Wang Yibo who did not know what happened inside still kept knocking on the door to call him.

"Honey, open the door."

Wang Yibo frowned because his fiancee didn't open the bedroom door. "Honey," he called again. But he only got silence.

"Strange," Wang Yibo muttered. Even though a few moments ago he heard Xiao Zhan's voice answering from inside the room. Seconds later he tried to open the door by moving the handle, but the door wouldn't budge.