Chapter 27

----- Cindrella Boy -----

***

Everyone, even the king, was very surprised when he saw Yibo hit Prince Shawn in front of the royal members and guests. Instantly the atmosphere turned silent. No one dared to speak. Enmity with Prince Shawn was the thing they avoided most. But today's incident was something they had never seen before. A Duke dared to hit Prince Shawn in public just to defend his fiancee.

With his satisfied and innocent face, Zhan dared to stick out his tongue at Prince Shawn. "Weee, feel that," Zhan hissed as he hid behind Yibo's back. Feeling happy because Yibo has defended him in front of everyone, even the king.

A rough snort came from Prince Shawn's mouth. "Insolent, you dare to hit me?!"

Yibo wasn't afraid in the slightest, because he didn't want anyone to hurt Zhan's heart. "Why not? I will do the same to anyone who dares to insult my fiancé!!" Yibo exclaimed while looking around at everyone there.

Yibo's threat made everyone gasp, including the king.

As for Lin Yi, he sat still, not daring to move, while supporting the body of the woman who was still unconscious. Lin Yi could only stare helplessly at Yibo. "What dream did I have last night?"

King Chou Yun Fat immediately walked over to the two of them. "Master Wang, calm down, don't get emotional," he said, trying to cool the atmosphere.

"Your Majesty can you tell your younger brother. Tell him not to look for trouble with me," he said without looking at the king.

Yibo's attitude and speech slightly offended the king. "Master Wang."

Yibo turned to look at the king. "Sorry, I spoke impolitely, Your Highness. It's better if we leave the palace."

"Master Wang, wait a minute..." King Chou Yun Fat tried to stop Yibo and his fiancé from leaving. And because he felt guilty about his younger brother's actions, he immediately apologized on behalf of Prince Shawn. "Forgive Prince Shawn's actions, Master Wang. Please, you two don't leave the palace in this condition."

"King Chou!!" Prince Shawn looked displeased with the king's words. "It's not my fault!" he explained.

"Prince Shawn!"

The king's loud voice managed to stop Prince Shawn's protests. After successfully stopping his younger brother's protests, King Chou Yun Fat turned to face Yibo, and was still trying to stop the man from leaving his palace.

But Wang Yibo refused. "I'm sorry, Your Majesty. It seems our presence is unwelcome here. We'd better go, excuse me." Yibo bowed in respect, then took Zhan's arm and walked away from the riding arena.

Not wanting to be left alone in the palace, Lin Yi just let go of his hand supporting the woman's body, then chased after Yibo.

However, this incident made someone angry. From where he was standing, a pair of eyes stared intently at Yibo and his fiancé. A man who had cold eyes looked annoyed. Then he turned to look at Prince Shawn and the king who were arguing. The man chuckled in annoyance and then just walked away, passing by the guests who were panicking when they saw the king's argument with his younger brother.

.
.
.
.

When Yibo and the others almost reached the place where the horse-drawn carriage was, Zhan suddenly grabbed Yibo's arm to stop him in his tracks.

Yibo frowned in confusion. "What is it, honey?"

"Wangyi looks like we forgot something," said Zhan while thinking hard.