Chapter 1 | Kenma's Cousin

——————————
CHAPTER 1
Kenma's Cousin
——————————

You checked the time, seeing it was already 4:00 in the morning after binge-reading a BL manga. Your stomach grumbled, and you realized you haven't eaten anything since lunch time. Stretching your arms out, you yawned before dragging yourself off the bed. There was a moment of black out in your vision and the feeling of being light-headed from the postural hypertension that you were already used to, but you still stood up and waited for your senses to adjust.

Grabbing a pair of underwear, a shorts and a hoodie, you went downstairs to the bathroom. Your aunt and uncle were pretty much used to your routine, so you weren't worried about being suspicious. They were laid back towards you and Kenma, and are usually focused at work, so they're quite nonchalant about your and Kenma's lifestyle.

After taking a quick shower, you got dressed with a plain black hoodie and shorts. You went back to your room and grabbed your phone and wallet, then heading back downstairs as you wore a pair of sneakers before exiting the house.

The cold breeze of the early morning blew as you walked, wearing your hood over your headphones while you scrolled through your phone for the perfect music.

"Is that you, Kenma?"

Your favorite fast food was more or less a 15 minute walk, and you'd head there at midnight from time to time to eat, since there aren't any food ready to eat at the house. Today was the time closest to morning that you left the house, since you'd often go there at around 2AM.

"Oi!" A tap on your shoulder startled you, and you instinctively moved away from the presence that appeared behind you. Your heartbeat quickened in surprise and nervousness as you looked at the person with wide eyes.

"Oya? Wrong person?" A tall, fairly-built young man uttered, slightly embarrassed. You took notice of his slightly familiar face, his narrow cat-like hazel eyes and odd spiky black hair. His forehead creased, before his expression turned to that of recognition. "Kenma's cousin!"

"Yeah?" You assumed he was one of your cousin's guests a week ago. Glancing at his outfit, he seemed to be in a jog. 'What an early bird.', you thought.

He relaxed into a warm smile. "What are you doing out here so early?"

'What's it to you?' you inwardly asked, rolling your eyes at him.

"Sorry, do I know you?" You asked, although already recognizing who he was. You didn't like how he acted as if you two were best buddies.

He didn't give you much thought when they first saw you, and he only turned that event into a funny memory about Yamamoto, but now that he saw you up close, he noticed you were actually pretty, and how the shape of your eyes were similar to Kenma's, although you were wearing glasses.

The black-haired male walked backwards until he was past you, blocking your way as he stretched out his hand for a shake. "I'm Tetsurō Kuroo." He introduced, a charming smile playing on his lips.

Staring at his hand, you sighed. Ignoring him would probably only make him annoy you even more. You've read enough books to know how people usually react, though you're not as sharp and observant as your cousin. Accepting his hand, you gave him a lazy shake, avoiding his gaze to show how disinterested you were. "(L/N) (F/N)."

His grip tightened, and you resisted the urge to rudely shake his hand away. You were hungry, and you just wanted to reach (Favorite Fastfood Restaurant) as soon as possible.

"Nice to meet you, Kenma's cousin." He grinned teasingly.

'Then what's the point of telling you my name if you're just gonna call me that?' You thought to yourself, shaking your head as you sighed in annoyance.