Chapter 24 | A Bunch of Extras Are In This Chapter

——————————
CHAPTER 24
A Bunch of Extras Are In This Chapter
——————————

"(L/N)-san came to school again!" You heard a classmate exclaim in surprise, followed by murmurs which you chose to ignore.

You sat down calmly, taking out your notebook as you skimmed through your notes. Your hair was properly done in a neat waterfall braid, your uniform was ironed, you looked fresh and smelled of sweet perfume, and it has been like that for four consecutive days.

No late records, no absences, and no tardiness since the first day that classes have resumed after summer break. Aside from that, you have actively participated in class, all the while keeping a quiet and blank demeanor. The sudden change surprised everyone, some of them not even realizing you've been in their class from the beginning of the school year.

"I can't believe she's the same (L/N) that used to skip classes..."

"Right? She used to look like a ghost, and now, she's a beauty!"

"She's getting quite a lot of attention lately... What should we do about that?"

You ignored them, inwardly cursing as they snooped on your business. You busied yourself with your notes, trying to keep yourself from glancing at Kuroo's direction as you felt him looking at you. He and Yaku were chatting, but his eyes were focused on your direction with proudness all over his face.

"Yo, (L/N)-chan!" A guy from the class approached you, a couple of guys beside him as they gave you a smile. "Wanna hang out with us after class? Some of the girls are coming, too!"

"Tch." Kuroo clicked his tongue in annoyance as he watched.

"Calm down, Kuroo. Knowing her, she's going to reject them." Yaku cheered him up, noticing his friend's sour expression.

As the libero predicted, you politely declined them, giving a small apologetic smile. "Sorry, I have other plans." Which was a lie, of course. You just didn't want to come with them.

The teacher came soon, signalling the start of the class. It was a good thing that Kuroo's seat was far from yours, and you've been able to focus in the lectures. You've been working hard, and everyone could see that. He was really happy to see you so motivated, and to know that you got over your rebelling phase. Though you two doesn't talk much when at school, he still supported you with everything he got.

It continued on for a month that your classmates have gotten used to seeing you. The teachers were glad too, amused on how much your marks have improved compared to the previous term. Just like that, you've fit in the school. Just like when you were still in Karasuno. You would sometimes stop by the boys' volleyball practice to help, and unfortunately for them, you've rejected their offer of continuing as their manager until the end of the year. They were still happy to have you around sometimes.

"I've been wondering, (L/N)... Uh, please don't get offended!" Rika, a blonde girl from your class was hanging out with you in a karaoke pub. It was just one of the few times that you agreed to come with them, since you didn't want to come off as a snob.

"Go on." You nodded at her in acknowledgement.

"Are you and Kuroo-kun dating?" Her question made the others curiously turn to you as well, including a guy who was interested in you.