Chapter 2 | Who Goes to School go to Skip?

——————————
CHAPTER 2
Who Goes to School to Skip?
——————————

Kuroo's routine stayed the same the next mornings. He'd go out for an early jog, but then there was the anticipation of meeting you on the road again, although he had no luck.

You, on the other hand, have kept yourself on your bed as usual, binge-watching an anime series you've already watched for the fourth time. Checking the time, you groaned and shut your eyes. It was a few minutes before 7 in the morning, and you haven't even had a blink of sleep.

Still, you had to leave for school. It was your Aunt's day off and she had no idea you were skipping. 

Sighing lazily, you got up from your bed, letting yourself stumble from the usual dizziness and short black out as you grabbed a pair of underwear. First period starts on 7 and you were already late, but you didn't really intend to attend classes.

It only took you 30 minutes to get ready, and you left the house without bothering to have breakfast but a glass of milk. The journey to school was dreading as the sun was high up, and you only regretted not bringing an umbrella which you don't usually bring anyway.

---

Kuroo had been bored as hell listening to his teacher who was talking like a robot. He had good grades and great knowledge with the lessons that he even tutors Kenma before exams, so he wasn't worried about drifting off in class once in a while.

Leaning against his palm, he glanced out the window that was conveniently next to him, noticing a lone figure walking at the school grounds.

His forehead furrowed, wondering who was bold enough to come to school so late, until his eyes recognized the long* (H/C) hair and (F/C) glasses that framed your eyes. He stood up in surprise, eyes widened at your sudden appearance as he leaned against the window.

(Long* — sorry short-haired readers, there's a reason for this.)

"Yes, Kuroo-kun? Is something wrong?" The teacher irritatedly asked, unamused with the sudden disturbance in his class.

The black-haired male was surprised with his own action and quickly apologized, glancing at the window again only to see you gone. He wondered if he was just imagining things.

Until classes ended, he still couldn't get you out of his mind. He thought it was quite badass that you'd only come to school when you wanted, and it made him even more interested to know about you. He expected to see you in class after that since Yaku did say you were in their class, but you never even showed up.

"Listen to this," Inuoka, a first year member of the team, sounded like he had a big news to break. He was looking at Yamamoto in particular, who showed obvious interest. "Kenma's cousin goes to this school, right?"

The mohawk-haired male nodded eagerly, pressing closer as he urged his junior to continue. Kuroo continued to change his clothes, but his eyes were on Inuoka as he listened on their conversation. A certain observant member took notice of this.

"I saw her around earlier! I kind of wanted to approach her since she's Kenma's cousin and all, but she gave off unapproachable vibes and disappeared again suddenly."

'So it wasn't my imagination.' Kuroo thought, unable to hide the smile forming on his face.

"What's with the creepy smile, Kuroo-san?"

He grinned even more widely, shaking his head as he crossed his arms. "Nothing, let's get to practice!"

The volleyball team headed to their gym, having a small argument when they saw it was unlocked. The blame went to the first year Shibayama, since he was tasked to lock the gym the night before.