Chapter 30 | How To Piss Off Your Parents 101

——————————
CHAPTER 30
How To Piss Off Your Parents 101

——————————

It was a quiet night, around 3 in the morning on a Monday. No one else could be spotted around as you silently walked, simply dressed in a track pants and jacket, the layers of fabric not being enough to keep you from the cold. It was already the winter season, but it hasn't snowed so far yet.

With your earphones plugged in your ears, you lazily and slowly moved one foot after another, your thoughts far and deep while keeping your gaze on the vast night sky.

Suddenly, you felt a hand touch your shoulder, and your first action was to scream by surprise and move away as you turned around with wide eyes and a shocked expression, your heart hammering inside your chest out of nervousness.

"The fuck!" You hissed, slowly sighing in relief when you saw it was just Kuroo, looking at you with a pissed off face. Turning your music off, you glared at him. "What was that for?!"

"What are you doing out here in the middle of the night?!" He scolded, his lips obviously formed into a frown. "What if I was someone else?"

"I'm alright, aren't I? I was just taking a walk." You irritatedly replied, rolling your eyes at him. "Why are you so angry, anyway?"

"I'm simply concerned. My girlfriend is walking out here at this time, you think I won't be worried?" His frown grew. You two were doing fine recently, but you seemed so distant and pissed right now. He figured what the reason may be, but he didn't want to bring it up and agitate you even more. "You know you could always call me if you wanted to stroll around."

The way his voice softened made you a little calmer. Taking a deep breath, you relaxed yourself and tried to loosen up. That was close. You almost took out your building up stress on him and make matters worse. Sighing, you grabbed his hands with your cold ones, looking up at him apologetically. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you."

Kuroo relaxed and gave you a warm smile, intertwining one of your hands together. "It's fine. I was out on a jog, but I'd love to accompany you." He leaned in for a soft kiss, making you smile as your heart fluttered happily at the contact. " You know I like being with you so much."

"So you better tell me what's bothering you and don't bottle it up alone. I'm with you in everything, okay?"

You nodded, flashing him a small, worried smile. "Alright..." You two started to walked together hand in hand, and you began to tell him about your worries of having your parents come home. They'd be staying in your grandparents' house in Yamagata, and you'll have to stay there over the weekend. Being away from Kuroo made you worried, you were scared that you won't be able to convince them on letting you stay in Japan, that you won't be able to speak up about your true feelings without offending them. You were overthinking things that led from one concern to another.

But Kuroo remained calm, listening to your rants and worries attentively. He never failed to assure you, and he could always make you feel better in any situation. Still, whenever you were alone again, you can't help but drown in negative thoughts over and over again.

So when the day came of your parents coming home on December 14th, you still weren't ready to face them. But you had to, and Kuroo's sweet kiss before you left for the airport motivated you. You were going to pick them up, and head to Yamagata with them. Unfortunately, Kenma couldn't come with you, but he'd be at the party on the next day. He promised Kuroo to look after you on that day, too, which is something he'd never usually promise about.