Chapter 8 | Exams and Conditions

——————————
CHAPTER 8
Exams and Conditions
——————————

Exam season, the week that you were dreading ever since moving to Tokyo. It meant you'll have to stay in school for 4 hours a day for the whole week, and it also meant teachers would be hunting you for your poor performance and attendance.

There's only a few days left before that hellish week, but you still chose to slack off on your studies and hope for a miraculous passing score. You continued to work on your doujinshi, frustrated on how you can't get some angles and perspectives right.

When the music from your speakers died down as it transitions to another, you heard the group of laughter coming from downstairs. It was Nekoma's volleyball team composed of the second and third years having a study session, in which Kuroo had invited you to join but you straight-out refused.

As you progressed on your work all the while getting side-tracked into watching an episode in between or reading a few chapters of a manga, you decided to give up for now until you get your motivation back. You checked the time, seeing it was almost 8 in the evening, and you can't hear the noise from downstairs anymore making you assume that they had gone home.

Getting up from your bed, you checked the top bunk to see if your cousin was there only to find it empty. Just then, the door opened and revealed your cousin trailing after the team's captain.

"It's your turn." Kuroo stated as soon as he entered, looking at you with a stern gaze despite his smile. "We're going to study."

"What? No need to do that, I can pass the test."

He shook his head, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "(Y/N), your grades are barely passing. You need to get good scores if you want to pull your grades up." He lectured, making you roll your eyes and sigh.

"Oh aren't you concerned." You chuckled lightly, deciding to give in. He just had that power— the ability to make you agree on things that you'd normally say no to, and you know it's because of your building feelings towards him. "Fine..."

He grinned victoriously. It didn't take long for you two to start your study session at his place instead because Kenma wanted to sleep. Or maybe he was just shipping you two. Studying consisted mostly of bickering as you kept on getting lost in thought, or simply not paying attention to what he was saying.

Kuroo even had to take your phone away in order to keep you focused, but you were just a lot to handle. Not because you were dumb, but because of your attention span that could be compared to a five year old's.

Teaching you math was worse, since you were never exceptionally good at it even back when you were still a diligent student in Karasuno. You always had to study the subject multiple times before finally getting it.

"Ah, no, that's not it! You use this formula, not that one!"

"Uhh, okay?"

Kuroo's grandmother, who already met you, came by his room to drop off snacks for you two, smiling sweetly at how hardworking his grandson was, and how she thought you were his girlfriend. She cheered on you two, making you think how cute of a grandma she was.

Your study session with Kuroo continued for days, spending 2 to 3 hours every night in his place to study. You started paying a little more attention, and though you actually understood most of it, you'd sometimes pretend you didn't just to agitate and annoy him.

10:36 PM.

Kuroo smiled as he finished checking your paper, seeing only a few mistakes that even he had got wrong in the beginning. He felt proud and satisfied seeing the result, knowing his efforts paid off and that you'll be able to excel your test.