Chapter 4 | The Usual Sleepover is The Way to Get Closer

——————————
CHAPTER 4
The Usual Sleepover is The Way to Get Closer
——————————

"Nice receive!"

"Kuro!"

The said man jumped up and spiked the ball, penetrating the block that formed in front of him, and earning his team the final needed point to win the set.

The opposing team sighed as they lost against their captain again, then listening attentively to the pointers that Kuroo gave them.

"Lev, I've said this a hundred times already. Bring your arms a little closer and firmer!"

"Right, sorry!"

After another series of sets, their practice finally ended. He started to walk out of the gym with his childhood bestfriend walking silently beside him.

"Kuro," The shorter male called him, making him glance slightly at his direction while they still continued to walk. "Do you like (Y/N)?"

The straightforward question made the volleyball captain cough in surprise, but he quickly regained his composure and calm down. "What makes you think that?"

Kenma shrugged. "Just a thought." But of course, he just didn't want to explain everything he observed about his childhood friend. "And I saw you two walk home together last night."

The black-haired male smiled to himself, loosening his tie for more comfort. "We just happened to bump on each other."

"(Y/N) goes home right after class since she doesn't have any club activities, you know?"

Sighing, the taller male decided to admit defeat. Though he himself is sharp, he was no match for his childhood friend's observation skills. "Fine, I'm interested in her."

"Duh."

Kuroo chuckled. "She's mysterious in a way, so I'm just a little curious."

"Is it because she was from Karasuno?"

"Not really. I'm curious about her and not where she came from."

Kenma nodded and looked down, remembering the nights when he'd hear you sniffling from the lower bed. He'd think you were crying from a sad scene, but one time he decided to take a peak, you were just crying. No phone or laptop that displayed an anime, or manga. There were also times when your phone would ring, and although you could hear it, you won't answer until it stops.

You got put in Class 5 because of your good grades from your previous school, and that was something Kenma heard when his mom praised you for it while you were eating dinner. You were in college prep class before, so he wondered what changed your mind and why you stopped putting an effort in your studies.

"She's... weird." The blonde male uttered. "(Y/N) used to be outgoing. She's close with most of our cousins." He added, remembering the family gatherings he'd seen you at.

Kuroo hummed in response, happy with the new information he got, but also only became even more interested to know you more. What happened that made you change so much?

"Think you could get her to come to school?"

"No." The setter immediately replied, making the other male sigh.

"So she's hopeless..." He mumbled. Noticing they've already arrived in front of Kenma's house, his gaze darted towards the window of your room, where there wasn't any visible light. A thought crossed his mind, and he turned to his friend. "It's the weekend tomorrow, so I'm going to sleep over at yours."