Chapter 32 | It's Literally a White Christmas

——————————
CHAPTER 32
It's Literally a White Christmas

——————————

"Are you sure?" Kenma asked you again, in which you nodded without a doubt.

"I'm tired of this bullshit. We both know how shitty our relatives' mindsets are."

"But if you do that... Oh, well, if you're sure, then it's fine. I don't really care either way." The younger boy sighed before taking his phone out, searching a certain name in his contacts.

---

It wasn't odd seeing those two fighting. For years, they were always against each other, and it began from their childhood years, the rivalry carrying on to their children. There's not a single gathering that they didn't talk shit about each other, but this year got worse.

"It's because your daughter has you as her mother that she grew up to be a bitch!" (Bitchy Aunt's Name) retorted. "Aren't you embarrassed?!"

The difference and what got it worse was that they weren't comparing their daughters highly, but instead, you were being dissed by your Aunt and your mother was furious about it.

After all, even though she's strict and manipulative towards you, you're still her daughter and hearing anyone talking bullshit about you in front of her was something she can't accept. Partly that was the reason, but the other is that her ego can't handle losing.

With her head raised and her eyes looking down on the other woman, your mother placed one hand on her hip sassily while the other held a half-empty wine glass. "Well if you're so much better, why hasn't your daughter exceeded mine even after she flunked a whole sem?"

"You're only trying to bring us down because the truth is you've always been and would always be a loser." She added cockily, smirking as she noticed how agitated her sister has become.

"You..." (Bitchy Aunt's Name) stomped towards your mother, raising her hand as she readied for a slap. "All you know is being arrogant!"

Her attempt to slap your mother failed when she found herself unable to move her arm further as a strong grip held it in place.

"I'm sorry, madam, but I can't let you harm my girlfriend's mother." Kuroo smiled at her, standing protectively in front of your mom.

With a raised brow, your mother ignored Kuroo's appearance and looked at her sister again. "Stop trying to use my daughter to make yourself look better. In a few years, she'd be far more successful than your sorry ass, sister." And with that, your mother walked away with a victorious laugh.

(Bitchy Aunt's Name) growled, glaring at her back before her gaze went to Kuroo, then snatching her hand back. "Don't touch me!"

"You think I'll approve of you? Dream on! I'll make sure you and that brat (Y/N) will never see each other again." She spatted out, turning around as she wiped her wrist with her handkerchief. "How dare you even show yourself here!" She continued to ramble.

Kuroo remained standing there, a confident look on his face despite the murmurs he could hear around him. But it was exactly what he needed; their attention. He watched her back as she walked away, taking a deep breath before he started to speak. "My name is Kuroo Tetsurō."