Chapter 27 | Hungry For Food Or Hungry For Kuroo?

——————————
CHAPTER 27
Hungry For Food Or Hungry For Kuroo?

——————————

"He's definitely mad at me..." You sighed, staring at your phone as you sat on the side of your bed.

Kenma crawled up on his bed as soon as he finished changing. "Probably."

Because of your hangover, you weren't able to go to school, which surprised your classmates as if you never used to skip. You've been so diligent and active recently, and it was the first time you've been absent again.

"He's not responding to any of my texts..." You whined, leaning back down as you spread your arms out. "Should I come over his place?"

"Well, Kuroo said he won't be coming over today."

"Damn it." Your head was still aching a bit, and you haven't eaten much from the loss of appetite after throwing up a lot. Standing up, you staggered a bit from the sudden dizziness that you thought you'd gotten rid of. "I'm going out."

You headed to the door, nervously leaving your house that you forgot to bring your wallet and phone just in case, then going to the bungalow house next door. It was a little late already, but the lights were still open so you figured his family was still awake.

You knocked and it took a minute before Kuroo's grandma opened the door, smiling sweetly as soon as she saw you. "Oh, dear. Is something the matter?" She eyed you with a questioning gaze, considering you were already in your pajamas.

"Is Ku— Tetsurō home?" You asked.

"Oh, come in. He's in his room." She moved aside, opening the door wider for you to enter. "Did you two get into a fight? That boy's been upset all day..."

"Thank you." You smiled at her. "Excuse me for intruding..."

"Have you had dinner?"

"Y-Yes, thank you for asking." No, you haven't. Meal times are inexistent in your house, but there's a store bought food on the table. You just didn't feel like eating.

You went to Kuroo's room, softly knocking on the light-brown door. "It's me, (Y/N)."

No response. You sighed, your hands reaching on the doorknob. "I'm going in, okay?"

When you opened the door, light entered the dark room, allowing you to see him lying down on his bed, seemingly asleep already. But since he was facing up, you realized he was awake. You stepped inside, closing the door again behind you and staying on the same spot until your vision adjusted to the darkness.

"Kuroo? Are you really asleep?" You slowly walked towards his bed, careful not to trip on anything you couldn't see. It was the moment you regretted not bringing your phone with you for a little source of light.

Your knees came in contact with the edge of his soft bed, and you slowly sat down, looking at his figure. "I'm sorry..." You mumbled, planting your palm beside him. "You're awake, aren't you?"

It was dark, but you saw him open his eyes for a second, glancing at you, before closing it again. "Kuroo!" You whined, leaning over to him until your face was hovering over his. "Quit ignoring me!"

"Hey..." You mumbled, crawling on top of him and resting your head over your arms that you crossed on top of his chest. "T-Tetsurō?"

His eyes snapped open, a blush crossing his face. Groaning, he wrapped an arm over your back. "I can't stay angry at you, can I?" He sighed.