Chapter 9 | The Arrival of Karasuno

——————————
CHAPTER 9
The Arrival of Karasuno
——————————

"It's Kenma's cousin!" The group of volleyball teenagers exclaimed, meeting you by the doorway of the large gym. You hugged your bag that contained your laptop, drawing tablet, and some other materials closer to your chest, looking away nervously from their towering heights.

"Oi, she has a name and she's a third year. Greet her properly." Kuroo, who was standing behind you, sternly uttered while placing a hand on your shoulder to make you feel supported and calm.

You've repeated on your mind how this wasn't a good idea, and that you should've stayed home. But then again, you already agreed to this, and you'd be participating in their summer training camp anyway, so might as well get warmed up with their presences.

"Osu!" The Nekoma volleyball team chanted at the same time, then lowering their heads into a respective bow. "Thank you for coming, (L/N)-san!"

You stepped back at their enthusiasm, awkwardly waving your hands in front. "Uh, it's okay..."

"Osu!!"

Kuroo chuckled from beside you. "Alright, start with the warm ups!"

"Osu!!"

When they were finally out of sight, you sighed in relief as your nerves finally calmed down. Kenma had joined with them from the captain's command, leaving you two at the doorway. You weren't used to people anymore, you'd often give an annoyed expression to anyone who tries to talk to you at school that it became your usual face.

"Come on, get inside. I have to start my warm ups too." He placed a hand on your back, pushing you to walk forward.

Every step felt heavy as you felt some eyes going towards your direction — either because you were a new face, or because Nekoma's captain was with you.

"Hey, hey, hey! Did Nekoma finally get a manager?" A loud, cheerful voice boomed, and you noticed another tall guy with spiky white hair streaked with black, resembling that of an owl. He had round, golden eyes that glinted as he strode over to you. Behind him was a shorter male, although still actually tall, who had messy black hair and a blank expression contrast to the other.

"Oh, no. She's here to watch today, but she'll be joining us as temporary manager during the Summer Training camp." Kuroo explained casually, making you notice the closeness that the two had.

"Cool! I want a temporary manager too!" The white-haired male exclaimed, looming over your frame as he pumped his fists.

"We already have two managers, Bokuto-san." The other guy with messy black hair stated.

You pinched Kuroo's back nervously, making him twist slightly from the pain. Turning to you, he smiled warmly and pointed towards the white-haired male's with his palm. "These are Bokuto, the captain of Fukurodani's volleyball team. And Akaashi, the vice captain."

He then turned to the two. "She's (L/N), our setter's cousin and a third year in Nekoma."

'Being Kenma's cousin has become my identity...' You thought to yourself.

"Nice to meet you, (L/N)!" Bokuto cheerfully greeted.

"Nice to meet you too..." In which, you replied with no enthusiasm, your head hung low while you looked at him making it seem you were glaring.

Bokuto stepped back from the scary look you appeared to be giving, then turning to his underclassman as he pointed at himself. "Is she mad at me?"

Your black-haired companion laughed out loud, placing a hand on top of your head with a pat. "Don't worry, this thing doesn't bite." He joked, wincing when you elbowed him at his side.