Chapter 18 | Another Chapter We'll Wish Kuroo Was Real

——————————
CHAPTER 18
Another Chapter We'll Wish Kuroo Was Real
——————————

Even when you had trouble sleeping that night, you were still able to wake up early since Kiyoko woke you up. It was awkward at first, coming back to the managers' designated classroom last night and seeing her after the confrontation. You weren't sure how to approach her then, or if things between you two were really okay now, but she smiled at you as soon as you entered, and you apologized to her again. She also introduced you to her junior, Hitoka Yachi, a petite young girl with short blonde hair. She seemed so aloof, but you figured it was just her personality. You easily got along when you learned she's into design and art.

During breakfast at the cafeteria, you bumped into Kuroo, whom you purposely ignored and he only assumed why, but it wasn't because you were mad at him for staging you into that confrontation, you knew he did it for you, but there was another reason. Still, he felt anxious if you decided to get back together with Kōshi.

You planned on eating alone, but Noya and Tanaka suddenly sat on either sides of you and started filling your barely full plate with more food.

"Eat more, sis! You've gotten really thinner!" Tanaka munched on his food as he spoke, and you only stared at them with surprised eyes, before stifling a laugh.

"Take this one too!" Nishinoya placed another meat on your plate.

"You guys... I won't be able to finish all this!"

Kuroo could only watch in annoyance. He wanted to eat with you and be the one filling your plate with more food, he was jealous, and his team could obviously see that as they all turned to where their captain was looking.

"They're really close, huh..."

"Tanaka! You're my friend, how could you steal our manager?!" Taketora dramatically cried, clenching his fists towards his chest.

"She's originally their manager, Yamamoto. And she's only our temporary manager." Kuroo replied through gritted teeth. Despite what he said, he was also irritated. He was glad you were able to make up with them, and seeing you so close to them isn't what irritates him, it's just that you ignored him but you're acting cheerful with someone else.

You felt shivers down your spine while chatting with the two second years, making you turn to the side where you saw a few pair of eyes glaring at your direction, all of them coming from Nekoma's team.

Catching Kuroo's frowning gaze, you playfully flipped your middle finger on him while sticking your tongue out in a childish manner before turning your attention back to the two. It was to show you weren't mad at him or anything, but he had interpret it negatively.

Kuroo died that day. Figuratively.

Later that afternoon, the managers from Fukurodani and Ubugawa handed out watermelons during break after a series of practice matches — and a series of Karasuno's penalties. You also helped out and handed some for your team, it was Kuroo's chance to approach you.

"Are you really angry?" He asked worriedly as he took a slice of watermelon. "I'm so—"

"That's not it." You cut him off. "I'm not mad at you. In fact, I wanted to thank you."

"Then why are you ignoring me? Did you two..." His voice sounded a little lonely, making you feel guilty about it.

Sighing, you lowered the now empty plate as you looked away. "I wanted to be considerate... of Kōshi's feelings. I know it's too late for me to feel this way, but it's the least I can do."