Chapter 10 | Trapped

——————————
CHAPTER 10
Trapped
——————————

"Suga!" Anger was apparent on Daichi's voice, making you push your ex-boyfriend away. You shakily took a deep breath before raising your head to meet his gaze, only to regret it right away.

His eyes were filled with pain and longing, sadness was evident, and yet he still smiled at you warmly. You then averted your eyes, regretting it once more when you met the glares of your former team.

You knew why they were angry, you understood why they hated you... you knew it full well, but your heart still broke. It still hurt, and the memories came back and haunted your mind, breaking you even more as you got filled with guilt and regret.

"Come here, Suga!" Daichi's stern voice echoed once more, his forehead creased in obvious disapproval.

Kōshi sighed, turning his back on you before he walked away and met back with his team. You watched as they all walked towards the other side of the gym, your eyes then meeting a pair of light brown eyes and short blonde hair. She was unfamiliar, so you figured she must be a new manager. She looked at you with a mix of confusion and concern before jogging back to her team when the elder manager called her, who you refused to look at.

Your heart was just clenching too much that it was getting hard to breathe. You've been running away, not knowing how to deal with everything now that it's in front of you again. Tears formed at the corner of your eyes, and even when you could hear the juniors of Nekoma's team asking if you were okay, you couldn't speak as a lump had form in your throat.

You tried so hard to hold back your tears as you hated crying in front of anyone, but when your eyes found Kuroo's cold ones, it was the end of your control.

Clutching on your shirt tightly, you ran out of the gym. You ran away, again. You heard Kenma call you, but you didn't stop. Your things were left behind, and that included your valued laptop and drawing tablet, as well as your sketch book that you didn't want anyone to see. You even left your phone. But then, those didn't matter at the moment anymore. You just wanted to get away, away from everyone.

As soon as you stepped out of the gym, tears streamed down from your eyes endlessly, and sobs escaped your mouth. You wandered aimlessly in the unfamiliar school grounds of Fukurodani, and finding what looked like a storage house, you hurriedly hid yourself inside, thanking whoever conveniently left it open.

You slammed the door close behind you, leaning against it as you slid down the floor and hugged yourself. It was hard to breathe, and you couldn't stop yourself from crying. Sugawara kept on coming into mind, then Kuroo's cold eyes.

"Damn it..." You cursed yourself, leaning forward until you were lying down on the cold, dirty floor. "Why did they have to be here?!"

You crawled towards the other side of the storage house, finding more comfort away from the door. Still crying, you laid down on the floor again, and cried yourself until you fell asleep from tired eyes.

W

hen you woke up again, it was already dark. Light was no longer peeking from the small window above the door. You panicked for a moment, but then remembering why you were there, you sighed. Standing up and deciding to go home, you weakly strolled towards the door and slid it open.

Or at least, you tried to. Your attempt failed when it wouldn't budge at all.

It was locked.

---