Chapter 13 | Remind Kuroo Never to Let You Drink

——————————
CHAPTER 13
Remind Kuroo Never to Let You Drink
——————————

+81-907-2658-248

Today 16:23

Wanna go out today?

No.

Come over?

Hahaha no.

———

You groaned in annoyance at the loud noise coming from downstairs. Today was your uncle's birthday, and they had a bunch of visitors from his work and relatives over. As usual, you and Kenma stayed in your room, but it was only a matter of time when his parents would call you two downstairs as soon as your grandparents arrive.

You didn't want to meet them because it'd be awkward. You used to be cheerful and energetic around them, and you didn't want to force yourself to act that way just to please them. Your extended family was what you'd call toxic, filled with judgemental and high-standard people, and you realized how much you actually hated mingling with them. Your cousins were kinda okay, but you couldn't stand the elders.

Having that thought, you typed a message on your phone again, still addressed to Kuroo.

+81-907-2658-248
Today 16:25

Wanna go out today?

No.

Come over?

Hahaha no.

(。•́︿•̀。)

Oh wait
Sure

( ╹▽╹ )

———

You chuckled at the reply, throwing your phone down to the bed as you stood up. You looked at Kenma who busied himself with a game, which you recognized the BGM to be from Pokemon Sapphire.

"You coming?" You asked, pointing on the air to the direction of Kuroo's house, and that's all it took for your cousin to understand. Besides, he knew it's the only place you'd go to aside from school.

Slowly, you were going back to the way you used to be back in Miyagi. It's only a matter of time before Kuroo'd be able to pull you out of your room to hang out outside.

Kenma sighed miserably, obviously wanting to go too instead of staying home for the party. It's the rare occasion where you two would rather go out. "Mom threatened me to stay home." By threatened, he meant she'd take away his gadgets if he didn't comply.

You nodded. It was a good thing you already took a bath, so you only had to change clothes and get a few stuff. You placed your drawing tablet in your bag, as well as your phone and laptop before sneaking downstairs. It was getting noisier as more people came. Another good thing that most of your relatives hasn't arrived yet, else you'd be trapped.

Before heading out, you went to the empty kitchen, where the stove was lit as a pot boiled something. There was also a dish cooking inside the oven, and a few ingredients readied on the counter. You figured your aunt went by somewhere for a while. Grabbing that chance, you opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of juice, but then your eyes spotted something else.