Chapter 6 | Braids

——————————
CHAPTER 6
Braids
——————————

+81-907-2658-248
Today 16:43

We lost.

---

You sighed as you read the message, frowning as you thought of what to reply. Although you didn't bother to save his number or anyone's number in general, you knew who it came from based on your previous conversations.

No longer being good at saying things that will cheer people up, you typed up a reply, but deleted it soon after without sending. You didn't know how to cheer him up, you could remember a bunch of inspiring lines from animes and mangas, but none of them seemed to fit in. Sighing again, you typed and pressed the send button.

+81-907-2658-248
Today 16:44

We lost.

Aw man.

---

"Damn, I'm always so useless." You muttered to yourself, staring at your phone's screen as you waited for Kuroo's reply.

After you two watched Spirited Away a week ago, he had kept in touch with you. Though his way of getting your phone number was quite lame as he pretended to have lost his phone and asked you to call it, you still decided to reply whenever he'd send you texts about his day.

You have considered him a friend, and you're thankful that you're not having negative and anxious thoughts about you trusting him. In the end, you were still seeking for people you could talk to, just like how you were before.

Minutes after staring at your phone, you decided to drop it when it still wouldn't vibrate for a new message. You wondered how he was feeling right now, knowing he always gave his best. It was the quarterfinals, if you were remembering correctly.

You decided to continue the digital drawing you were working on, but your thoughts constantly wandered towards Kuroo. You knew he was feeling upset, and there's nothing you could do to help him.

'Ah, fuck. Why am I even stressing over people.' You irritatedly thought to yourself, clutching on the side of your head as you sighed heavily.

When your phone suddenly vibrated again, you immediately grabbed it to read the new message.

+81-902-3904-478
Today 16:51

Hey :)

---

It was a different number, and you also knew who it came from. Your heart felt heavy once again, and you deleted the message like usual. Sighing for the umpteenth time, you rolled on your bed, now facing the under part of Kenma's bed. You already lost motivation to continue your art, and you didn't feel like doing anything else.

Closing your eyes, you stretched your arms out and pictured events with your favorite anime characters in your mind until you drifted off to sleep.

---

The sound of hushed chatter, gaming BGM and sound effects cut off your slumber, the dream you were just having slowly disappearing from your mind. Yawning, you opened your eyes as you turned to the side, a racing game displayed on the TV at the other side of the room. You then noticed two figures sitting on the floor, their backs facing you as they played the game.