Chapter 20 | How Do You Even Respond To Confessions?

——————————
CHAPTER 20
How Do You Even Respond To Confessions?
——————————

It was probably the longest week you've had, with so much things happening every single day. You felt so drained, and just badly wanted to get back to your laptop and drawing tablet at home, while lying on your bed almost the whole day. But finally, it was the last day. The final practice match between Karasuno and Fukurodani had just ended in a close one, and you congratulated your former team on how much they've grown.

While the others were setting up the barbeque grills, you helped the managers on cutting meat and vegetables. Your eyes would constantly wander towards Kuroo as he happily chatted with Daichi and some others from different schools, making a certain black-haired girl smile at you as she noticed this.

Although she would root for Sugawara for you anytime, she also respected that you already had someone else you liked. And as your bestfriend, she wanted to support you on what makes you happy.

Placing a hand on your shoulder, Kiyoko earned your attention. You two were just about the same height, though she's an inch and a half taller. Smiling, she whispered towards your ear, "You're in love with Nekoma's captain, aren't you?"

"W-What?!" You shrieked loudly, your face turning red. The sudden yell made the others turn to your direction out of surprise or curiousity, but they all turned back to their businesses just a second later.

When no one seemed to be paying attention anymore, you calmed down and regained yourself, focusing your gaze on the carrots you were cutting. "I-I don't know. I don't really think about it."

The other girl smiled sweetly. "It's not a matter of thinking, is it?"

After Nekomata-sensei's speech, the boys started to excitedly dig in, some childishly competing on who could eat the most. You handed out plates and side dishes before getting your own, quietly waiting at the side as the tall players crowded the grills.

"(Y/N)-san, do you need help?" A wild cat in the name of Lev suddenly appeared beside you.

Turning to him with your usual unenthusiastic expression, you nodded and handed him your plate. "Yes, please." It would be bothersome to try and get it yourself, after all.

"No problem! I'll be back, please hold onto my plate, (Y/N)-san!"

"Ah, sure."

Lev came back a few minutes later with your plate being filled with meat, cheerfully handing it to you. Exchanging the plates you were holding, you uttered a quiet thanks.

"Sis! Try some of this!" A wild crow in the name of Noya appeared this time, followed by Tanaka as they handed you rice balls.

"I can't eat that much, you two." You smiled at them apologetically, alerting the lanky Nekoma first year who still stood there.

'I see, (Y/N)-san smiles when she's talking to Karasuno.' Lev thought to himself, nodding in his analysis.

"Have some of this too!" Tanaka placed his vegetables on your plate.

You sighed, wondering how could you even eat peacefully. When an idea came to your mind, you pointed at a random direction. "Is that Kiyoko being hit on by three guys?" You bluffed, but it effectively worked when the two immediately ran to where you pointed.

Sighing in relief this time, you glanced at Kuroo's direction, watching him for a moment as he, along with Daichi and Bokuto, tried to offer food to Tsukishima. They looked like pushy uncles, making you chuckle at the thought before you turned your attention back to your food.