Chapter 23 | Kenma The Cockblocker

——————————
CHAPTER 23
Kenma The Cockblocker
——————————

You ended up having a lot of fun and playing around unexpectedly. It was the first time you actually hanged out and had fun with Nekoma's volleyball team, and they were happy too. But because of this, your whole body was sore and aching when you got home and as you woke up the next day. You just weren't used to moving around much anymore, and even running for just a minute makes you feel exhausted.

But still, you were able to pick yourself up and go to Kuroo's house along with Kenma. The two were playing a video game, while you laid down on the black-haired male's bed as you read the newest manga you bought.

"So she kicked you two out?" Kuroo asked with a slight chuckle, his eyes focused on the screen of the TV while he repeatedly pressed on his console.

"You could say that." Kenma replied shortly.

"She simply told us to get out of her sight." You grumbled. Just this morning, the report of your school grades came, and your Aunt was unfortunately the one who received it. She was furious seeing your barely passing marks, and although Kenma actually had averagely good ones, she still got mad. And you believed it wasn't because she really cared about your studies, but just because she cared about what your other relatives would say.

After all, from first grade until your second year in high school, you had the best grades among your cousins. And for the marks to suddenly fall down, they might blame your Aunt for it since you were under her care.

You haven't really talked with your parents since they moved to America, but you were sure they'd call you once they see it too.

"Sorry, Kenma. She wouldn't have gotten mad over yours if it wasn't for mine being shit." You apologized, turning to him for a moment.

"It's fine. I don't really mind." He quietly replied. "She'll cool her head later."

Nodding, you went back to the issue you were reading. "I hope so."

Kuroo's sweet and lovely grandma stopped by to give freshly baked cookies for you three to snack on, as well as cold (Favorite Flavor) juice to beat the summer heat.

The two had just finished playing with Kuroo's loss as usual, but Kenma still continued to play on his own. The former went to sit on his bed beside you, handing you a piece of cookie as he chewed on another one. Opening your mouth, you bit on the pastry without removing your eyes from the manga.

"What?" You glanced at him with furrowed eyebrows, noticing he's been staring at you. "Something on my face?"

"Yeah. Overloading cuteness." Kuroo winked, smirking when your face reddened and you hid it with the magazine.

"S-Shut up."

He chuckled in response, snatching the comic from you that resulted to your protest. "I wasn't done reading!"

Sitting up, you tried to snatch it back, but he hid it behind him, dropping it to the bed before he wrapped his arms around you, pulling you on top of his lap. And again, your heart hammered against your chest as he embraced you tightly and buried his face at the side of your neck. "Y-You— W-What have you done to my Conan?!"

You were embarrassed since Kenma was also there, though his focus was on the game he was playing. Even when Kuroo would always openly flirt with you while your cousin is around, you still felt shy about it. But you allow him anyway if it's only Kenma. The boy was trustworthy too, that he won't tell you on your family.