Chapter 36 | When There Is Trouble, Pay It Double

——————————
CHAPTER 36
When There Is Trouble, Pay It Double
——————————

"Here, please sign."

"Thank you very much."

Just a day before the end of the week that your aunt gave you as deadline, you were able to secure a cheap apartment to move in. Kuroo helped you searched for it, and it was thanks to him that you found one that was safe, cheap, and pretty close to the university you were applying for.

"Is that all?"

"Yes, Mr. Kozume. She may start moving in today."

Your uncle volunteered to help you with whatever official needs, such as his consent letter as your guardian. Even after all that happened that also involved his own son, he was still nice to you. But you took it as just his wife wanting to get rid of you as soon as possible.

"Uh, thanks, Uncle."

"Do you also need help moving? Shopping for things?"

"No, uh, I can do all those myself." You replied awkwardly.

"Or you mean, Tetsuro-kun will help you?"

A tint of pink crept up your cheeks and you averted your gaze from him. "I have a job interview, so I'm going ahead. Thanks again."

Days flew by quickly. You moved into your apartment as soon as you can, and started working in a nearby convenience store while still doing art commissions. Your previously lenient days became so busy and tiring, but all of those would become eased up as soon as Kuroo calls you before you two go to sleep. He's also been busy with club practice since the Nationals was coming up, and so you two could only see each other at school and spend time during breaks. Christmas even passed by, and although couples would usually spend it together, you couldn't due to having work that day. The year was almost coming to an end.

"Are you free on New Year's Eve?" Kuroo spoke to you through your phone, and hearing his voice like that made you miss him more. Moments you spend together at school just isn't enough, specially when your seats are too further apart and he's usually surrounded by his friends.

"Yeah..."

"Spend New Year's with us. My grandma misses you too. Then we could go to the shrine together, hmm?"

"Mhm. I'd like that." You smiled to yourself, laying down on your bed as you looked at the ceiling of your room. "It'll be the only time I won't be busy, too. Even though we having winter break, we have college entrance exams coming."

"Right. I'm still surprised you decided to go to college after all."

You sighed tiredly, shifting your position to lay down on your side. "I just thought I'd need more education for a stable job... I guess."

"Sleepy?"

"Not really..."

"Hmm... You sound a little down. Did something happen?"

The fact that Kuroo figured that just from a call made you appreciate him more. Not that something happened, but you just felt drained with how busy each days were, and you were missing spending lazy days with him watching shows or reading manga together.