Chapter 14 | Actually Just a Filler Chapter

——————————
CHAPTER 14
Actually Just a Filler Chapter
——————————

When you woke up, you could barely remember anything as if you had an amnesia. Your head was throbbing, and your body still felt hot while your stomach kept on churning. You didn't know how you ended up sleeping, and the last thing you could remember was crying on Kuroo. There were glimpses of throwing up in the bathroom, dancing around the room, Kuroo chasing you when you attempted to leave through the window, as well as when you threw up on him. You even felt like you told him something important, but couldn't remember exactly what. You suddenly felt embarrassed remembering those, while at the same time confused.

When Kuroo thought you've fallen asleep last night, you kept on babbling things and eventually got up and started being noisy. He spent the night chasing after you and trying to calm you down, and the last string of his patience was when you threw up on him, then you passed out. After cleaning up after your mess, it didn't take too long for him to fall asleep beside you — almost. He was startled when you suddenly hugged him around his waist while you were asleep, and his irritation vanished just like that.

Shifting your position to the side, you found the raven-haired teen asleep, lying down on his stomach with two pillows placed on either sides of head. You reminded yourself to thank him later for his patience with you, although you felt embarrassed about it.

Sitting up, you covered your mouth as you felt like throwing up again. Your head was still lightly spinning, and you just wanted to freshen up and remove the stench of sweat and alcohol. You found his bathroom, feeling rude to be using it without permission, but still did. You weren't thinking straight enough to consider things. You placed your discarded clothes and underwear in his washing machine, setting it to wash then dry afterwards. While waiting for the tub to fill, you stared at yourself in the mirror, thinking about your life decisions.

Kuroo woke up when he couldn't feel your presence beside him anymore. Glancing around, he frowned for a moment thinking you just left suddenly, and knowing you, he started to feel anxious that you won't talk to him again anymore after that. But as he heard the water running in his bathroom, he sighed in relief, a smile forming on his lips as he remembered your silliness last night. He can't help but chuckle, and he buried his face on his pillows as he contained his smile when he remembered how cute and annoying you were, although he was irritated at first. His heart felt even more excited knowing you liked him too, but he had to calm himself first.

And he couldn't. Thinking you were taking a bath inside his bathroom was giving him wild thoughts. Kuroo covered his face and rolled around his bed, groaning as he contained his giddiness.

You got out of the bathroom to witness him like that, making you stifle a laugh. Hearing that, he immediately stopped and turned to you, flustered. "Morning." You smiled, being extra nice today to repay his kindness. "Sorry, I used your bathroom and toiletries... and also your towel."

"I don't mind." He replied, a little nervous as he looked away. His towel was wrapped around your hair, and you were wearing the same but washed shirt he gave you yesterday that reached your thighs, making it look like a dress since you couldn't find your own shirt.

Because of his reaction, it made you think that he was mad about what happened last night. After all, you've caused a lot of mess and could've been caught by his grandparents with your noise.

"S-Sorry... You're angry, aren't you?" You looked down. You haven't realized it, but you were getting back to your old self. Kuroo opened up your heart, and let you become you again.

"No!" He immediately replied, sitting up from his bed. "I'm not angry, okay?"

"Okay." You nodded, walking over to his bed. "Can I stay here for a while?"

"You can live here if you want." Kuroo replied playfully, smirking when he noticed how you blushed. He got up from his bed and freshened up, doing his morning routines before heading out, coming back in a few minutes later. "Come on, grandma made us breakfast."

"She knows I'm still here?" You asked worriedly.

Kuroo sighed, running a hand through his messy black hair. You can't help but stare at him as he only wore a plain black tanktop, showing off his bisceps. "I just told her you slept over. She smacked me saying we're still too young."

You nodded. He walked over to you and took off the towel around your head, sitting beside you on the bed as he pat-dried your hair. "I also told Kenma you were staying here, so he wouldn't worry." He added.

"Okay."

You two headed out of his room, greeting his grandparents as you entered the kitchen. They gave you a sweet smile, telling you how cute you and Kuroo were together, making you both blush. Kuroo's dad also entered the kitchen, greeting you with a cheerful smile. As the five of you ate, you can't help but notice how close they were as a family. Kuroo seemed so happy as they chatted and joked around, making you envious of their relationship. You were never that close to your parents, who were always busy with work.

When you finished eating, you went back to his room with him to finish another requirement you still had to submit. Tomorrow was the deadline, and training camp was drawing even closer. You still had mixed feelings about it. Part of you wanted to come because of Kuroo, and of course, your PE grades, while another part of you was still afraid of facing your old friends.

While you were trying to move on with your life, they were still chasing after you. You still wanted to run away, you couldn't bring yourself to face them yet. It wasn't because you committed a grave sin or anything like that, you just felt embarrassed. You wanted to run away from stress and problems, and although you knew how immature that was, it still stayed that way.

When you got home that afternoon, you were greeted by a slap from your aunt, which you kind of expected. She was mad that you disappeared from the birthday party, calling you an ungrateful rebel. She was even more mad because a cousin of yours told them you went to a boy's house. Your relatives were all looking for you because you used to be the 'shiniest' child in the family. You had the best grades, you were bound to attend a prestigious college, and they all had that high expectation towards you. Both of your parents, as well as most of your aunts, uncles, and cousins, are all successful professionals. Still, you shone brightest among them before. Before.

"What are you even doing with your life? Your parents will be disappointed!" She yelled.

You were never happy with those. Sure, you enjoyed the compliments they showered you, but you knew it wasn't what you wanted. You didn't want to be what they wanted you to be, and when you finally had the courage to speak up, everything crashed down. And now, you were rebelling. You pursued your passion, disregarding the judgement they'll shower you once they find out. But oddly, you found satisfaction on disappointing them.

Because of that, you were grounded for days. All your gadgets were confiscated, and you were forced to study for college entrance exams that you know you'll never take. It annoyed you knowing your aunt was only being like that because some of your relatives were staying over. She always neglected you and Kenma, not really giving a fuck on what you two were doing with your lives. She never cooked, and all your meals were take-outs, or it was your uncle who'd cook sometimes.

Days passed by easily. You submitted your requirements and got an 'ok' from your subject teachers, and all that was left was your PE class. You were almost not allowed to go, but thankfully your relatives left before the day. For 6 nights and 7 days, you'd be camping at the training camp with a lot of people.

And so, the beginning of the training camp came.

——————————
To Be Continued
——————————