Chapter 12 | Comfort Doesn't Need To Be Words

——————————
CHAPTER 12
Comfort Doesn't Need To Be Words
——————————

Kuroo had a concern he's been dealing with for years already: his bed hair. No matter how much he combs, it would always go back to its messy rooster-like form. And today wasn't an exception.

Schools were still open for final requirements submission, but since he's a diligent student despite appearance, he already completed all of his work before the exam week ended. However, he knew it was different for you. You were in the same class, and he knows how all teachers called for you regarding your performance.

Sighing as his hair still stayed messy despite his efforts, he gave up and dropped his comb. It was just 6 in the morning, but he got up really early to make sure you could attend school today. He wanted to help you as much as he could.

Heading out, he texted Kenma who he was sure would be awake already, and he was right. The smaller teen opened the door for him, yawning as he just woke up a few minutes ago.

"You're always so extra for my cousin." Kenma sleepily muttered.

Kuroo simply smiled, knowing his bestfriend already knew why. "Don't be so jealous." He joked. The two headed upstairs, entering your room where you laid on your bed, awake as you focused on an anime.

"Morning." The black-haired male greeted, making you turn to him with tired eyes and nod in acknowledgement.

Kenma excused himself, getting a new set of clothes before heading downstairs again to take a bath, leaving you two.

"What are you doing here so early?" You yawned, resting your cheeks on your arms as you laid down on your stomach with your arms crossed infront, still looking at the screen of your laptop.

You heard him sigh. "You haven't slept?"

"Mm... no."

He sighed again. "You're supposed to go to school today, aren't you?"

"Is that why you're here?"

"You have projects to turn in, and you're watching anime?" Kuroo scolded lightly, eyebrows furrowed as he massaged his temples like a stressed dad. "Get ready, now." He added sternly.

You turned to him with a frown. "I still have a week, why does it have to be today?"

He groaned in annoyance. "Come on, get up." He walked towards your bed, gently pulling you by the arm.

"No!" You snatched your arm back, turning your back on him as you laid sideways and hugged a pillow, hiding your face. "Let me sleep." Coincidentally, the episode you were watching just transitioned to the ending song.

"Are you even finished with any school project?" He questioned.

"No."

Kuroo sighed exasperatedly. There was one that he helped you with, but you weren't able to finish it because of the time. He figured that you didn't continue it after that. "I guess I'll have to help you with everything." He muttered, making you smile underneath your pillow.

Moving your laptop to your bedside table, he sat on your bed, facing you as he bent down and supported his weight with his elbow plopped on the area next to your stomach, making him crossly position over you. With his other hand, he reached for your hair and combed it gently, his fingers being caught by entangles. "Still, get up, we're going to work with it right now."

"I'm sleepy." You muttered, hiding your cheeky smile using the pillow. He was so close right now, and it made your heart race uncontrollably as butterflies seemingly fluttered in your stomach.