Chapter 26 | 愛

——————————
CHAPTER 26

——————————

"They're taking me to America, Kuroo." You uttered painfully, taking your glasses off as you covered your face with your palms. "I've been a huge disappointment to the family, so—."

Taking another deep breath, you wiped off your tears. "We can't date."

"We still can!" The Nekoma captain asserted, grabbing hold of your hands once again. "We still have a few months..."

Your heart broke, and a strained sigh shakily escaped your mouth. You snatched your hands back, moving away as you crawled towards your bed. "That's not really what I needed to hear right now, you know?"

With your back facing him, you buried yourself under your comforter. "Just leave."

"Sorry, hey, I—"

"Leave!" You yelled. You gripped on your chest, taking sharp breaths as tears fell. "Just fucking leave right now."

You didn't want to move to America. You didn't want to leave. You didn't want to be away from him. Right now, you just needed his comfort, his assurance, you were seeking for his words that would tell you that he wouldn't let that happen.

But of course, reality doesn't work that way. Even Kuroo wasn't perfect, and not everything goes the way you want it. He doesn't always say the things you want to hear, he isn't a psychic.

"I get it. I'm sorry." The male stood up, his heart feeling drowned as he walked towards the door. When you heard it open and shut, followed by a deafening silence, the reality became even more painful.

"He seriously left... fuck." You sobbed, hugging your pillow tightly as you comforted yourself. "Why the hell did you actually leave?!" You frustratedly sat up, turning and yelling at the innocent door as you sobbed. Kuroo wasn't there anymore, you were alone. Lonely and broken.

Digging your phone from your school bag, you scrolled through your inbox, opening each as you searched which one belonged to your bestfriend. The crack on the screen has grew a little after you accidentally dropped it recently. When you finally found it, you rang her number.

After a number of rings, she finally answered, her voice sounding calm and composed as usual. "Hello? (Y/N)?" It sounded noisy at the other end, as if there was a crowd or it was a public place.

"K-Kiyoko..." You sniffled. "Are you busy right now?"

"I'm at Sendai City Gym, it's the finals today. Is something wrong?" Worry was obvious in her tone, but when you realized you were disturbing her, you suddenly felt embarrassed.

"N-No! I just have a runny nose!" You laughed awkwardly. "Anyway, I just called to cheer on you guys! Tell them I'm rooting for them, bye!" You ended the call, your heart sinking as you dropped your phone, feeling even more lonely.

The only time people ever really feel alone is when they needed someone, but there wasn't anyone for them at that time. You can't blame them though, they had things more important to do, but you couldn't erase the loneliness in your heart as you laid on your bed inside your empty room.

You didn't even have tears anymore, but your chest felt tight and heavy. You weren't in the mood to watch anime, or do anything in particular. You just felt done. Done. The feeling of all your efforts being in vain was frustrating, and you just couldn't think of any other ways not to go to America. Your parents' decisions were always absolute, and nothing you say ever got reconsidered to them.

"Fuck life..." You groaned, dragging yourself off of your bed. You changed into a large white statement shirt, letting it cover your black shorts as the hem reached your lower thighs. Dumping your uniform in your clothes basket, you headed downstairs.