Chapter 38 | Something Great Will Happen

——————————
CHAPTER 38
Something Great Will Happen

——————————

"Kuroo, where do you wanna go after this?"

"Woah, are you asking me out on a date?!"

"Ugh, forget it."

Your boyfriend chuckled, his eyes shifting from the game and towards your face. "Let's study at the library. The entrance exams are coming, we could have fun after that. What do you think?"

I forgot he's such a nerd. You smiled at the thought and nodded anyway. You wanted to go somewhere he could have fun at in an attempt to cheer him up after his team lost their match against Karasuno yesterday, but of all places, he'd choose the library.

It was his last official match, and their team's loss meant he'd be retiring along with the other third years. Even if he didn't show it on his face, you knew he was also frustrated. Kuroo looked back at the game when the audience cheered loudly, and you both continued to watch Fukurodani's match.

"Kenma, want to come too?" You turned to your cousin who sat next to your boyfriend, and his face immediately turned sour.

"I've had enough of being a third wheel. No thanks." Both you and Kuroo laughed at his answer.

The matches ended soon, and after stumbling across a few familiar faces who also came to watch the games, you found yourself standing outside the stadium at sunset as you waited for Kuroo to get back, who had went to buy drinks at a vending machine. Kenma was also with you busying himself with games as usual.

"Oh! Kuroo's girlfriend! Kenma, too!"

You turned to the familiar voice, recognizing it to be coming from the captain of Fukurodani's team. Beside him was Akaashi, and the rest of their team walking behind them. While the duo approached you, the others turned to where their shuttle was as they chatted among themselves.

"You also came to watch? We just saw Kuroo a while ago! He's surrounded by fan girls!" As if you two were close, Bokuto started chattering.

"Ah, I see." So that's what's taking him so long. What a lady killer.

Your eyes darted to the bored-looking guy with him, who simply nodded in acknowledgement. "Akaashi-san, thanks again for last time." You uttered, in which, Bokuto expressed an overly intrigued face.

"Oho? What's with that last time?"

"No problem." The setter replied, both of you deciding not to respond to Bokuto's inquiry.

"Hmm... Akaashi, what are you hiding from me?" The captain sulked.

Soon enough, Kuroo came back with your warm drinks, and you all bid farewell to the Fukurodani duo before leaving. While you and your boyfriend headed to the library, Kenma separated and went home.

"Bokuto-san told me you were surrounded with fan girls." You stated, keeping your gaze ahead on the road. He was holding up an umbrella to shield you both from the falling snow, while you clutched on his arm.

Kuroo glanced at you and smirked. "Jealous? You know I only have my eyes on you."

"Idiot." You rolled your eyes. "I know that. I just realized that you're really amazing..." Compared to me.