Chapter 31 | Even in the Modern World, Family Wars Exist When There's a Bitch

——————————
CHAPTER 31
Even in the Modern World, Family Wars Exist When There's a Bitch

——————————

"(Y/N), it's been a long time!" A cousin of yours excitedly greeted, pulling you into a bone crushing hug. "How have you been?"

"Fine, I guess."

"Eh? Something about you seemed to have changed." She inched closer, a finger on her chin as she tilted her head in thought.

"Didn't you hear, (Friendly Cousin's Name)?" Another cousin of yours appeared, looking at you in disgust. "(Y/N) dropped out of school because of a boy. Isn't that right?" She smirked at you, making you raise a brow on the new information.

"That's the first I've heard about it." You replied with a shrug. "I won't even be surprised if there's a rumor that I'm pregnant with six children."

(Bitchy Cousin's Name) rolled her eyes and turned around. "Whatever. I feel so icky just hanging around you."

Well, you were never in good terms with her anyway. She was always competing with you, considering you two were always being compared before.

The party was simply casual, consisted of a buffet dinner and a lot of talking to each other. Only family members were invited every year, but today was an exception. There's one guy who has been getting questioning stares, whispers going around addressing him as he stood at a corner of the house. When your gazes met, he smiled warmly at you and gave you a thumbs up, but you can't help but worry about him.

Sighing, you went to the buffet table and took two plates as you filled them with food for two people. You've been hearing your relatives talking about you nonstop, but you tried your best not to become affected. Your control gets stronger when you hear negative comments about Kuroo. You can't let your emotions ruin everything, specially the one in a million chance that your mother gave the two of you.

As you prepared your and his food, you can't help but remember the conversation you had with your mother, along with Kuroo, your dad, and grandparents. They were all furious at first, but Kuroo's overwhelming charisma managed to get them interested on what he has to say.

He came there prepared, seemingly unfazed as he introduced himself smoothly. He was able to amuse them, at least, specially when they learned that he's a Grade A student, and a Team Captain at the same time. The only thing that got you down was when they compared him to you, but you tried not to get it into your head.

"Very well. I'll give you both a chance. If you could get the approval of 90% of our relatives, I'll allow you two to continue dating." Her voice echoed in your head as you recalled the deal, making your worried knowing how your relatives think. Your grandparents were against it of course, but your mother talked to them privately and you weren't sure what got them agreeing.

For generations, dating after college has always been a rule for the women in the family. It has become drilled into their mindset, and those who had boyfriends early has been looked down on and considered to be someone who would just get pregnant early and fail in life.

As you walked towards Kuroo, you could feel your heart beating nervously, but his grin managed to calm you down. He didn't seem bothered, but that was because he didn't want to worry. You handed him his food, and you two sat beside each other on a couch. You could feel a lot of stares coming your way, but you tried to ignore them and smiled at Kuroo.