Chapter 22 | Bitches In The Beach

——————————
CHAPTER 22
Bitches In The Beach
——————————

Going out was the last thing you'd want to do right now, specially since it was summer. The heat was just something you can no longer stand. But there you were, riding on a rented van with Nekoma's volleyball team as Naoi-sensei drove to Kamakura.

It was after their weeklong team practice, where by the end was a team building to be held at Yuigahama Beach. Of course the 'team building' was just an excuse for them to have fun before summer ends, and they still had enough time before their first preliminaries.

They had invited you as a thank you for being their temporary manager during the training camp, and also, under a hidden motive, to ask you to continue being their manager just until the end of the year. You didn't intend to come and would rather spend your day drawing, but you couldn't resist Kuroo's pleading look. Who could even resist that?

The van was filled with excited chatters from every seat, but you stayed silent as you focused on not throwing up. Thankfully, the windows were open, and it lessened your nauseousness. Kuroo was also massaging your hand, pressing on pressure points to help you feel better, which he learned to do from his Grandma.

Lev, Inuoka, and Yamamoto were all singing in an unsynchronized manner, making your head ache even more as their voices penetrated the music playing in your headphones.

Kuroo sneaked his hand onto yours after he finished massaging, intertwining your fingers together which made you turn to him with a raised brow. He simply smiled, bringing your hand to his lips as he planted a soft kiss, making your heart leap. You looked away as you felt your cheeks heat up.

"Damn you." You muttered, earning a chuckle from the male.

Soon, you arrived at the destination, and everyone excitedly left the bus. It was the first outing of the team that isn't practice, and although it was disguised as a team building, the motive was simply to have fun.

"Personally, I'd prefer if we went camping in the mountains." Yaku commented, but he was obviously excited as well.

"The beach is the best choice!" Kuroo countered, and you noticed how you two were still holding hands even after leaving the bus.

You felt embarrassed when the others noticed it as well, but you didn't want to let go either. The comfort of his warm, big, calloused hand was something you liked. It was a good thing none of them pointed it out, otherwise it would really make you feel shy.

You reached your hotel near the beach shortly, and since it wasn't an overnight stay, they only had to rent one room for the bags and stuff. If you didn't have to, you wouldn't have wanted to let go of his hand. But you all had to settle your things down. You were already wearing your bikini under your shorts and white shirt, so you didn't worry about changing.

When you got to the actual beach, it was buzzing with people of different ages. Yamamoto started to ogle on some girls who were wearing a bikini, and opposite of him, Kenma still had his eyes on his game. Meanwhile, you helped as the others set up a spot. Lev assisted Yaku on putting the beach umbrellas, while you cleared the area and placed a large blanket over the sand.

After everything was settled down, they all rushed to the ocean, leaving you and Kenma sitting under the umbrella. For Kenma, he wanted to finish his game first, while you just weren't in the mood to swim. You were sketching, using their bodies as reference, but you were more focused on Kuroo's abs.

"You're not going to swim, Kenma?" You asked, your eyes still on your sketch pad as you stroked your pencil. Nekomata and Naoi had left off somewhere, probably to drink.