What are creepypastas?/researchers

‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿

ᓚᘏᗢ- I edited this chapter because i added some information on creepypastas!

What are creepypastas?

The age-old tradition of telling ghost stories around a campfire has gotten a digital upgrade with creepypastas. Like with the ghost stories of old, not all creepypastas are particularly scary or good, even if they are frequently passed around.

Crepypastas are essentially internet horror stories or a myth passed around other sites, to frighten readers and viewers. These Internet entries are often brief, user-generated, paranormal stories intended to scare readers. They include gruesome tales of murder, suicide, and otherworldly occurrences. Creepypastas sometimes are supplemented with pictures, audio or video footage related to the story. Typically with gory, distorted or, otherwise, shocking content.

The word, "Creepypasta" comes from the term, "copypasta". An internet slang term for a block of text that gets copied and pasted from website to website. 

The exact origins of creepypasta are unknown. Early creepypastas were usually written anonymously and routinely re-posted, making the history of the genre difficult to study. The exact origins of creepypasta are unknown. 

Many early creepypastas consisted of rituals, personal anecdotes and urban legends (such as the bunny man).

Creepypasta peaked in the mid 2010s. The end of the mid-2010s marked the downfall in popularity. Spinoff stories such as; Marble Hornets, EveryManHybrid, and TribeTwelve all ended in the late 2010s / the end of the mid-2010s. 

"Ted the Caver" the story from 2001 is considered the first  creepypasta. The earliest creepypastas originate from 4chan, and the website's culture was influential in shaping the characteristics of the genre.

The most scary creepypasta according to people are: Slenderman, Candle Cove, Jeff The Killer

Creepypastas relating to the  Slenderman came to public attention after the 2014 "Slender Man stabbing", in which a 12-year-old girl from Waukesha, Wisconsin, was stabbed by two of her friends; the perpetrators claimed they "wanted to prove the Slender Man skeptics" wrong. 

Horror writers can increase their knowledge by studying creepypasta and urban lore to find ways to capture an audience's attention immediately, terrify them, and haunt them for days after they've finished the story. 

*Have creepypastas gotten less creepy over the years?

Researchers

There has been proof that researches are at 100% danger. August is the month where researchers have been killed, stalked or disappeared. It is the month where most black profiles have appeared.

-External links

• Creepypasta - Scary Stories and Original Horror Fiction

• Entry #9 | Creepypasta Investigation | Quotev

• Slenderverse Media, Suggested links, blogs, and vlogs (tumblr.com)

https://anilbalan.com/2019/09/22/the-dark-origins-of-creepypasta/

    ‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿