Book Review for Slenderman: From Fiction to Fact

Book Review for Slenderman:From Fiction to Fact

Author: Rev. Robin Swope Published 2012

Several years ago, the mythos of the Slenderman was borne on an online forum called Something Awful. In a facetious thread designed to show how easily fake paranormal photos could be produced, Slenderman quickly became a huge hit, complete with a creepy back story like no other. Forum member after forum member contributed to photographs of Slenderman, and stories to go with them, almost all of them involving Slenderman as a watcher and snatcher of children. To see Slenderman certainly meant untimely death, disappearances, or a lifetime of bad luck. The entire process was documented as being completely fictitious.

However, something happened...

Released to the world, Slenderman began to take on a literal life of his own. Those not privy to the Something Awful contest swore that they had witnessed Slenderman for themselves! As more and more stories started pouring in, Slenderman acquired almost a cult following! [...]

In order to combat some of the misinformation and take a scholarly look at who or what Slenderman is and why people believe he is real...and if he actually IS becoming real...Rev. Swope has compiled a history and compendium of anecdotal evidence on the mythos. Obviously there is an in-depth breakdown of the events on the Something Awful forum, followed by some possible historical nods to Slenderman as an archetype. Finally, there are plenty of stories from real life people who claim to have experienced this phenomena, and a brief analysis as to whether or not its actually possible that the collective conscious has "breathed life" into the legend, almost in the same manner as a Tibetan thought form.

The author, Rev. Robin Swope, has made a name for himself in the paranormal community as a consultant to many paranormal investigation groups and television shows across the country. [...] Therefore, this book is a fair look at the myths and legends of Slenderman.

[...] And although there really isn't much in the book that cannot be found for free online, it is compiled all in one place within this book, making it a perfect addition to any paranormal library. It's also just a great spooky read!