Paterns of the "haunted"

+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+

first pattern: "second personality", or an "alter ego" shared by most experiencerrs. The "alter" not only behaves or speaks rudely, it also drives others away. Often the "alter" is the opposite of the host's personality. More often than not, this "alter ego" is negative, bitter, gloomy or sadistic. Even if the host is quite young, "the other" makes up for this by being mature and quite intimidating. It's unclear if the true personality of the "alter" is like this.

second pattern: symptoms and paranoia. In many journals the very same symptoms have appeared countless times: Nosebleeds, paranoia, obsession, ringing in the ears, and so on. This may very well be a product of anxiety itself; however we are unable to tell. The fact that these symptoms increase is quite concerning nevertheless.

third pattern: "strange symbols". Such as the operator symbol, the observer symbol, and so forth. Most experiencers often speak of an obsession with sketching the symbol(s) incessantly, providing images of a page full of crossed circles and watching eyes. This is another sign of "the obsession", is therefore considered a symptom. Experiencers often have exactly this characteristic: they draw strange entities, symbols and so on. The exact reason for this isn't yeT found, other than the fact that He plants the idea in the mind.

fourth pattern: Injuries. These can range from small scratches and bruises to actual cuts. This could be due to the infamous "touch" theory, which states that if any part of your body comes into contact with Them, you will suffer injuries, burns or cuts. The reason for this may be that these entities are either from other worlds or dimensions. If the two dimensions interact directly with each other, this may cause harm.

The targeted audience and victims are between the ages of 12 to 18, or rather every "experience" begins from a range of these ages. The youngest are more likely to be targeted because they are open to more ideas; they tend to bend more easily and can therefore be more easily manipulated and controlled.

Regarding the "alters", the "experiencers" also seem to undergo a drastic personality change and become hostile. This would explain the tragedies following the children whom committed crimes in Their name. Hostility is quite common, and if left untreated, could lead to dangerous situations.This is an example of his mind control abilities that children can hardly escape. This is why they are much more likely to be targeted than people over the age of 18 (which of course is not unusual, as many researchers who are targeted are adults).

A/N: Credits go to RosalynWilde!

+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+