𓆤protector𓆤

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈-┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ 

The fan fiction and legend that surrounds the Slender Man is very inconsistent, having various authors with different ideas on who and what the Slender Man is and does.

Stories of the Slender Man commonly feature him stalking, abducting, or traumatizing people, particularly children. But there are even more stories of him being a father figure and bringing comfort to them.

The late 2010s also saw an increase in benevolent portrayals of Slender Man, with many depictions of him from this period portraying him as an antihero who protects victimized children from bullies, although often by violent means.

*Tiktoks

ᓚᘏᗢ- i've been scrolling the creepypasta tiktoks endlessly, so many of them were teenagers talking about how they would wait for Slenderman to take them away (didn't we all?)

ᓚᘏᗢ- i've been scrolling the creepypasta tiktoks endlessly, so many of them were teenagers talking about how they would wait for Slenderman to take them away (didn't we all?). So many teenagers found more comfort in a nightmarish being than they did with their own families and sadly noone seemed to adress this issue... After all those years, most of us still feel nostalgic, and perhaps even still wait at our window, wishing he will soon appear.

https://www.tiktok.com/search?q=slenderman%20fandom&t=1712493491215

*Subliminals

Let's not forget about all the subliminals, made to summon him, not in a creepy stalker way, but a parental figure one.

'*•.¸benefits !-shift to a reality in which slenderman sees you as a child to him, and himself as a father figure to you. he watches you all the time, talks to you in your head, shows himself to you all the time, you have encounters with him daily, and much more + a mini booster

ᓚᘏᗢ- Now this makes my inner creepypasta obsessed child happy.

*fanfiction

- "He owns a mansion, and works as a fatherly figure for the other creepypasta's." (As for being a fatherly figure, sadly the only people he'd interact with are his proxies or new victims.)

- "He refers to other people as "child."  (I always loved this detail.)

- "He is actually a big softy." (If being a huge softy includes stalking people to their death, gutting children on trees, and burning down buildings, then sure.)

- "If you are nice to him, you will befriend the Slenderman." (Slenderman is counted as a malicious paranormal being, i know kindness is important and all, but he wouldn't care much. Does he even understand human behavior?)

*comments on him as a father figure

-slender: *opens the door* i love you, sleep well-

me: *unholy screeching*

-"calling him Slendaddy domesticates him from his child-eating nature" (excuse me WHAT?!)

- Slender: *walks in and seeing a sobbing Y/n*  Oh no. Did Y/n kill a bug again?

-"Slenderman wants you to know that you're in a safe place. He knows the world may seem scary and intimidating, but there's always a place for someone"

⇟WARNING: SA MENTIONED⇟(if you want skip to "conclusion")

*skrillex - first of the year (equinox)

During the pedophile's unconsciousness, he sees a room full of dolls.

When he reached out to grab one, black hands grabbed him by the back of his head and pulled him from his fantasies. He then tried to desperately call for 911 on the subway telephone. To his horror, the girl conjures up a demonic figure (which many have interpreted to be the Slenderman), and believed that the creature was protecting the girl.

ᓚᘏᗢ- I've heard many people say He is a protector of children, helping them get away from abussive families or even rapists, i believe this version is beautiful.

*Conclusion

I get a little annoyed whenever I hear 'Slenderman is canonically evil'.  I understand he's not this wholesome father figure who'll provide for your every need like your own parents never did, but is that the only other option when it comes to how to portray him? We could make a mix of both evil and kind if we wanted to. He isn't real in the way we believe. He is real because we thought him into existence. Now which version would you like this to be?

Version A:

-Slenderman is a father figure, literally acting all sweet (the version of most fanfiction)...

Version B:

-Slenderman hates humanity. He will stalk and manipulate you. Kill you even! He will drive you to insanity. 

or Version C

-Slenderman being an eldritch abomination enjoys stalking humans, but they drive themselves mad by simply believing. He wouldn't hurt anyone except the ones that fight first. When he is intrigued by someone He observes (thererfore the stalked gets the Sickness).

It is our choice. Which Slenderman has come to life?

information:https://www.quotev.com/story/4697380/Canon-vs-Fanon-Creepypasta-Edition/1 , https://www.tumblr.com/search/fanon%20slenderman and https://somewhat-crazy.tumblr.com/post/651530373576196096/the-difference-between-fanon-and-canon-theres

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈-┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈