⋆⑅˚₊What does He actually look like?₊˚⑅⋆

⋆⑅˚₊ 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔟𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔡𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔢𝔵𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 ؛ ଓ 𖦹 ׂ ⋆ ۪

ᓚᘏᗢ- I was watching the short horror film "portrait of God" and was wondering, what does God look like? I have talked about this shortly in my chapter "Gods", their true form is incomprehensible. In the beginnig of the film they placed Him at the  in the corner of the room, making it clear that even if you don't see him, he is always there.

Here is the short film if you are interested: https://youtu.be/BI9fKfX5V68?si=clX99_GUJ9tBQCok

"You may not see my face; for no man shall see Me and live."

— Exodus 33:22

There ate times when God makes His appearance known, the theological term is theophany. 

Why this fear of seeing God's face? Why is God's face something that we can't seem to bear? And what does it mean for God, who is spirit, to have a face to look at to begin with?

Sometimes, when God or some other vastly powerful or very strange Cosmic Entity needs to communicate with mere mortals, they are aware that the meeting might be a little too overwhelming for the human to handle. Sometimes the non-human being isn't so powerful, but still has a Masquerade to maintain.

In many cases, the nonhuman being will appear in the form of something, usually a humanlike form, that the human can wrap his head around, because not doing so might ruin the point of the entity talking to the humans in the first place.

*Seeing the face of God is said to result in instantaneous death. Moses, a favored prophet, was treated to a view of the back of God; it left his face glowing. In fact, God is said to have no physical form, and it is considered blasphemous to ascribe one to him. 

*Docetism, an early splinter doctrine of Christianity, postulates that the form Jesus took during his time on Earth wasn't truly human, but merely appeared as such for the purpose of interacting with mortals.

*There are a number of angels who appear in human form. Given what they're normally described as, this is likely for the benefit of the person they're speaking with.

{Biblically accurate angels.}

"໓໐ ຖ໐t fēคr"

While this depiction wasn't universal in the original books and many angels in The Bible and related literature were depicted as close to human, there were quite a few Biblical angels described like more nightmarish creatures. Angels would often say "fear not" because their appearance and power were terrifying.

The phrase "biblically accurate angels" refers to the descriptions of angels that can be found in the Bible, which frequently diverge greatly from those seen in popular culture. The Bible describes angels in ways that are more ominous and abstract, like clusters of eyes and numerous wings, as opposed to the common image of human-like entities with wings and halos. 

Heavenly Descriptions: In Revelation 4:8, angels are described as creatures with six wings, covered in eyes. Ezekiel 1:16-18 talks about wheel-like angels with eyes all around, serving as the wheels of God's throne. Cherubims, another type of angel, have four faces and four wings (Ezekiel 10:14).

Angels' ethereal and terrifying appearances in the Bible serve to highlight their transcendent and otherworldly nature. They are celestial entities that exist outside of our comprehension and are not human-like beings.

The bible representation of the angels mentioned are comparisons. That means that at the sight of them,(the angels) the prophets like Ezekiel could only describe them with the knowledge of beings that he knew existed on Earth. We can not totally picture an angel on paint without seeing it yourself. An easy comparison would be to go back in time and try to explain what a newly found invention look like. Nobody would be able to picture that in their heads perfectly.

The representation in art of the angels is not totally realistic, but, the writings and what the prophets saw are real. The second reason is the power that comes from the angels. These creatures were made powerful enough to withstand the powerful presence of God. In consequence, when they appear to humans, we feel the power that they have. 

{Now the question "What if the Slenderman DOES have a face"?}

But what if it is a face of such horrific characteristics that the brain refuses to acknowledge that such a gruesome sight could really exist?

There is psychology behind this: when the brain sees something or experiences something that is particularly displeasing (such as the face of the person that abussed you, or attacked you) the brain deletes that memory, believing that it had never happened/been seen. This creates a lapse in one's memory.

Some remember more that others, which to me explains why some people draw him with more distinct features, like eye sockets, although they are always humanoid.

Even cameras "not catching his face" can be explained as such. If a person is looking at the picture or video the mind still blocks it even though we are not seeing it in person. It would still find it psychologically harmful and erase it, causing the blank face we know today.

Aside from that the original mythos says that Slenderman indeed has a face, but is simply not visible on film.  He supposedly has a horrifying face, but did not show up on picture or video because his face varies for different people that see him to change into the persons greatest fears. (like a boggart?)

friງhtēຖiຖງ...๖ēคนtifนl

Why does The Slender Man look vaguely human? He's obviously not human but he's attempting to fit in to lure us in, unaware of the fact that he's the Uncanny Valley personified. What if His suit hides what really hides underneath?

So what evidence is there for it only being a disguise? Take a look at the original Something Awful pictures again. In those early stages, he didn't wear a suit. He was almost entirely black and this is when he showed his tentacles most frequently. When he's in the suit, however, we see his arms and hands far more than the tentacles. So the black tentacle-y Slender Man is the true form and the suited Slender Man is the disguise.

more information: https://redeemermcr.com/articles/what-does-god-look-like and https://medium.com/@oliviadavisdreamer/why-are-biblically-accurate-depictions-of-angels-a-cluster-of-eyes-and-wings-4c5ad90c8c88

⋆⑅˚₊ 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔟𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔡𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔢𝔵𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 ؛ ଓ 𖦹 ׂ ⋆ ۪