What are proxies?

What are proxies?

Proxy (plural: Proxies) is the term given to those who serve The Slender Man. The theory behind the name is that Proxies are entities or people who are under the influence or control of the Slender Man (or the same force that influences Slender Man), and act based on its wants and needs- hence, Proxies serve as an in-between (i.e. a proxy) for Slender Man.

It is suspected that Proxies do the actual, physical work for Slender Man, such as creating and manipulating objects, destroying and leaving evidence, creating videos and responding on Twitter (in ARGs), and influencing victims as needed.

 ♱There are theories that the arg was a cover up slenderman created to mask any sightings of them if they are sighted so that it seems fake. They also could have been manifested by someone (which is one of the most believed theories). They could have made that ARG to cover up the fact that they are proxies, so incase anything suspicious happens it would be brushed off. Of course there is no proof.

It is said that you have to die before you become a proxy. Getting His mark n your skin? Feels like ACID burning you from the inside out.

Ranks

The Blogosphere in its story eventually fleshed out a system of ranks for its proxies. While other sources traditionally only had one or two proxies, the blogosphere went through a period where runners would be hunted by large packs of proxies. This lead to criticisms claiming that the proxies took the focus away from the Slender Man itself, and that the proxy hordes made the stories too much resemble a zombie apocalypse fiction. Some blogs made efforts to retcon proxy hordes away as hallucinations.

The ranking system is as follows:

1. Hallowed - Mindless puppets created by Slender Man for the harassment of runners, with no other purpose.

2.Berserkers - Most closely resembling the traditional perception of proxies, slaves to the Slender Man, but with enough of their own will left to have superior problem solving and tactics.

3.Sleepers - Have their original personalities kept intact, and are left unaware of their status of proxies.

4.Agents - Not proxies in the traditional sense; Agents appear to be the blogosphere's interpretation of cultists.

5.Revenants - Proxies with super-strength and regenerative abilities granted to them by Slender Man. Eventually became unpopular with bloggers and were retconned away as hallucinations.

How one becomes a Revenant

A/N: I have no idea who wrote this, but how did they make this stuff up?!

-One of the tentacles will pierce the chest, but instead of bleeding red blood, a black oily substance will flow.

-A thinner tentacle will snap the person's neck.

-Tentacles will wash over the body, mapping themselves across it like veins.

-They will start pulsating; drawing from the body all that was human.

-The eyes will grow cloudy and yellow, losing any resemblance to human eyes;

-The color drained from the skin until it is a uniform white, and then it will start to get darker; Splotches of black and grey will appear across the face and arms, quickly dissipating and spreading across the rest of the skin in veins.

-And still He wasn't finished, more and more tentacles will come and surround the body, consuming it until nothing could be seen

-Eventually the tentacles will start to pull back, The S.Man recalling them as HE returned to HIS original form.

What remained was beyond human, all the fat and waste had been replaced with lean muscle; the eyes had been completely changed, removed of the iris and pupil, no more windows necessary, it was a body that housed no soul. And the skin, what was once soft and malleable was now hard as stone, yet somehow, still flexible to allow movement. The color was gone, replaced by a dark grey, literally glowing with power

→i found another group of "types of proxies" and i thought i should include it:

1.Blooded - They are humans without the mark. They suffer from the Slender sickness and most do not survive.

2.Branded - These are the most common. They have the mark, they chose whether to have a brand or not and their locations vary. Apparently the brand makes it harder to kill them.

3.Hunters - The ones who kill responsible for eliminating all the objectives that the Slenderman orders them to.

4.uardians - Responsible for monitoring the forest and guarding the pages, if they find a person they hand them to the Slenderman.

5.Watchers - They are responsible for monitoring the objectives, any indication obtained from them will be handed to the Slenderman.

→notable mention

The collective are a group of entities who serve under the Slender Man, whom they call their "Keeper". Members of the Collective were once human, but are now in a state beyond death, although they are able to use human hosts. They reside in a realm where time does not flow linearly and some are known to have unique powers of their own.

Initial Influence and Origins

Proxies most likely got their start from early Slenderman works' usage of mental influence of Slenderman.

Early creepypasta indicated that Slenderman was able to telepathically communicate or influence his victims or those he wished to do his bidding. The most common early evidence for this was the usage of telepathic communication to speak to children who he would lead outdoors and then into the forest. He also used the telepathy to control his victims without their knowing and bring them into his domain. Several stories in particular focus on the strength and usage of this power. The idea behind proxies may be derived from the idea that he could not only influence his victims, but also influence individuals to do as he wishes to get to his victims. Proxies are considered the primary or secondary antagonists of most Slenderman based ARG's.