Victor Surge, the mind behind the Slenderman

▄︻デ══━一

ᓚᘏᗢ- i have been talking about the Slenderman for so long without actually mentioning his "creator"! So here is the chapter of His origins.

Victor Surge is known as the creator of the first photos that gave rise to the legend that we know and fear today . His real name is Eric Knudsen, and "Victor Surge" is just his pseudonym. 

On June 8, 2009, a contest was launched on the Something Awful forum where participants had to transform simple and innocent photos into paranormal images. On June 10, 2009, through his original image manipulation and stories, from newspaper excerpts or parts of documents from Optic Nerve (The Organization), Victor was the person who initiated the collapse of photo manipulations and creepypastas related to the Slender Man.

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..."

-- 1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

-On June 11/2009, Victor Surge continued to build on the myth by adding another photo to a fake doctor's account. Surge posted a third image in the series, with an even more elaborate backstory... presented as a police report that describes how the camera with the picture was acquired from one of the women in the picture, now in a mental hospital, that the other people in the picture were all missing, and that it was presumed that the appearance of the "tall and slender subject" and the odd 'appendages' were due to film contamination; when found, the camera was covered in "blood and human tissue." The inquiry into the matter ceased after digital analysis indicated that the tall man actually had no eyes, and after the last witness vanished... along with thirty-three other inmates and staff from the mental hospital.

-The next day, SA user LeechCode5 posted a photograph of a burning building with a Slender Man story. On June 14, TrenchMaul reused the Slender Man character for his own story.

 -Just a few hours later the same day, Surge posted the fourth image in the series, this time with a fake police report instead of a textual backstory.