We're the same, You and I

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.

'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

Too many people nowadays seem to see "Proxy" and immediately designate them as "Enemy." Then the inevitable fighting starts.

But do we really need to see them as that way?

We're all a lot more alike than you think. A Runner killing a Proxy is no different than a Proxy killing a Runner. They're both human.

In reality, there is no legitimate difference between any of the groups, be they Runner, Fighter, or Proxy. Each of these groups has the exact same goal. "Survival." The only key difference between them is how they go about accomplishing that goal.

Runners survive by, what else? Running. They seek to evade the Slenderman by keeping out of his reach and trying to stay one step ahead of him at every turn. They search for new means of escape, for new ways of tricking the Slenderman's vision

Fighters, on the other hand, are not content to simply evade their fate. They seek to eliminate HIM and end the game once and for all. They experiment to find potential weaknesses, confront HIM in direct combat, or simply attempt to sabotage its operations by killing HIS minions

And Proxies have chosen (or been chosen) to lay down their freedoms and serve HIM in exchange for their continued survival. It is a sound tactic, in all honesty, but it has the unfortunate side effect of putting them at the mercy of HIS whims

But Proxies are still much more than mindless killing drones. They come in many flavors, as all humans do. Some proxies are just trying to survive by whatever means necessary. Some proxies regret the situation they've been dragged into and would do anything to escape from their torment. Some proxies are intelligent and cunning, plotting grand schemes and adding a theatrical flare to their performances. Some Proxies are insane, who go around murdering people without mercy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to go out and hug the next proxy you meet and everything will be better... because they'll probably stab you. We're really not so different after all. We're all after the same goal and we're all Human. We just have to live with an unfortunate side effect of allegiance that pits us against one another.

 ♱ NOTE:It's a bit funny how people brand others as evil just because they stand on the other side of the camp.

But don't get me wrong. Every one of us here has our own opinions. I don't care if you are a Runner, a Proxy. You have your own opinions and I have mine. Just because you're a part of either of these groups doesn't mean I'll judge you for it. I'll talk to you, assess you and if I think you're worthy to befriend then I will. As long as you don't betray me...