Optic nerve

OpticNerve

What is the Optic Nerve ?

The Organization, also called Optic Nerve, the Unknown Organization, The Bureau, and Anti S-Walker Unit is an unnamed organization that originally appeared in early Slenderman Mythos stories, and later on in some Slenderblogs and at least one ARG, DarkHarvest00, where the only reference is in the video "Update #3". While not spoken by name, the DH crew states that after the murder of their friend Greg by Slenderman,they were interviewed by a Detective Amsel, who did not give his organization's name, only stating that they were based in Washington.

Judging by the initial reports from early mythos by Victor Surge, and assuming that the Organization in DH is the same as in these early mythos, we can assume that the organization:

Has a basic understanding of Slenderman.

Refers to him as The Tall Man or S.Man.

Has interviewed and detains victims of Slender Man.%0D%0AIs aware of Slenderman's traits.

Believes Slenderman harvests organs.

Refers to Slenderman as a serial killer to civilians.

Has been researching Slenderman for many years.

Believes Slenderman to have killed and be continually active throughout the nation.

Does not know how to neutralize him.

Nothing else is known about the Organization.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reports from the Optic Nerve:

Oct. 23, 2007:

Sender: Maj. Tomas C. Witmoore

To: Col. Steven Bitman

Sub: Ongoing S. Man Investigation.

Colonel, as per your request, I am updating you as to our last investigation into the case. Having received the report from the police, we sent out a team to the last known site where the Slender Man was seen. Timeline of investigation is as follows:

0200: Car with the husband and wife pulls into the parking lot of the police station. Approx. 5 minutes later, police notice the car idling in the parking lot, and go out to investigate. The two civilians are then helped out of the car after pressure bandages are applied to their wounds, and brought into the station.

0230: After half an hour, both subjects are calmed down to the point where they could speak. Police are informed of what they were doing in the area, and why they were at the station covered in what, according to the report, was "blood, bits of human tissue, and unidentifiable pieces of what appeared to be some sort of bone or rock."

0300: The police sent the report in to the FBI, while sending out several deputies to the area to investigate.

0315: All communication with the deputies is lost. Subjects sent to the hospital.

0330: Report comes in that the husband and wife fled from the ambulance at a red light. Location of them is still, at this time, unknown.

0400: FBI teams arrive to the police station, where they set up a perimeter around the area that the subjects had said they were camping in.

0415: First FBI team is sent in to find police deputies.

0417: Agent finds what appears to be a "clear bag, full of human intestine."