53. Adoring Her

Love, has no limits. It either rises them sky high or reduces them to nothing but a wrecked mess. It had been way past midnight but Falak was still wide awake. Seated in the couch, she aimlessly stared at the rain drops on the glass door across her. Her mind was still frozen on one specific thoughts. Her heart just didn't have the ability to get ahead of the moment where she gazed into his eyes for the first time. She felt herself lost in them.

Eyes the shade of dark forest green with tiny flecks of dark brown and black near the iris, she was completely lost in them. It held back so much in them. For the first time she had felt something beyond care for him. It was the moment she realised she had fallen in love with him. She didn't know how to express the trepidation she was feeling. Falak had noticed Wajahat's expression before, and the changes in his attitude towards her were no mystery, but the revelation made by her heart were both pleasant and scary at the same time.

"What if one day he feels I'm nothing but a forceful decision?" Her heart ached at the dreadful thought. She turned her head to the right and glanced at him.

"Oh Allah!!" All she could do was sigh at the turmoil inside her.

*******

The morning rays peeked inside the room through the tiny space between the heavy curtains. Wajahat woke up and looked around to be puzzled at the empty space beside him. He thought it must be early as the room qas still dark. Frowning he turned towards the wall clock only to be shocked at the time on the clock.

"11.15? What the hell?" Shocked he strode towards the closet to get ready for the day. He chose a pair of grey jeans and white and sky blue combination t-shirt.

"Everyday she just moves the curtains as far as it goes!!! What happened today!?" Astonished, he climbed down the stairs mumbling to himself. Only to be stopped at the scenario in front of him.

Falak was busy laughing at her phone, only when he stepped a little closer to the hall did he know that she was actually on video call with his parents. He walked straight to her and sat right beside her. Falak's eyes widened at his actions. Fariqa noticed this and and wide smile appeared on her face.

"So finally Mr. Wajahat Hyder did wake up from his slumber." Ashraf Said from the other side.

"Assalamu Alaikum mom, dad." He smiled and greeted them. Falak composed herself and had a small smile on her lips.

"Walakium assalam. How are you treating our daughter?" He just huffed at Fariqa's question.

"I really do wonder if you guys are my parents. The question should be other way around. You should be asking her how she is treating your one and only son!" He made a face to which they both laughed out loud.

"We certainly don't need to question our daughter." Falak giggled, wajahat smiled looking at her. Dressed in light blue and light green anarkali with ombre dyed dupatta. She was looking like breath of fresh air.

After so many days he felt such a relieving peace inside him. His adoring gaze wasn't unnoticed by Falak as well as his parents. Falak felt her cheeks warm at his gaze. She quickly changed the topic.

"When are you coming mom, dad!?" She whined like a child.

"Mostly in a day or two beta!" Fariqa's answer made her sigh.

"OK!" She said pouting.

"What can we bring for our daughter!?" Asraf's asked smiling at them

"Woah!! Dad you do remember you have a son right!?" Wajahat fumed at them. Three of them laughed at his words. Falak forwarded her Phone towards him, when he looked at her puzzled she answered.