36. Memories

After 2 hours and 30 minutes of painful and cruel waiting,finally it was time for them to leave for the venue.

Dressed in a three piece beige suit with white shirt accompanied by a white tie. He was indeed Prince charming. What made him more special was the beautiful smile with a lively spark in his eyes. Fariqa kissed his forehead and blessed him with a silent dua.
"May Allah bless you with all the happiness in the world."

Ashraf hugged Wajahat and patted his back. Wajahat smiled at them. Ashraf looked at his son. Whose eyes revealed all his happiness. He couldn't help but bless him silently.

"May Allah always keep this smile plastered to his face with the happy lively spark in his eyes."
But sometimes, a few blessings are not granted for eternity.

Ashraf and Fariqa left in Ashraf's car. And Wajahat was with Hisham and Arqam, with Hisham driving the car. 15 minutes later, they were standing outside the venue.

The engagement was held on a five star hotel's wedding hall. With great difficulty Wajahat took slow steps towards the stage.

"All of this is such a waste of time and money. I should've just demanded mom to fix our Nikah within this 15 days. After all they did feel like an eternity." He thought walking down the red carpet at the centre of the hall. The hall was beautifully decorated in simple white theme. A small three step stair, leading to the stage, it had rectangle flower frame on the first step and the last step. A beautiful, classic, white lounge chaise styled sofa on the centre of the stage surrounded by large flower bouquets places in long flower stands. He saw Aarish and Zaigham standing at the third step. Aarish hugged Wajahat and made him sit on the chair. After what seemed like eternity. Finally Sana was walking down the red carpet with a shy smile on her face.

Wajahat was awestruck. He had imagined her while choosing her dress but his imagination did no justice to what stood in front of him.

She was dressed in orange anarkali asymmetric top which was had heavy copper zari work. Her beige duppatta had an orange border with similar zari work. Accompanied by beige chudidar bottom. She was looking gorgeous. Wajahat forgot all the people around them. Sana didn't have the courage to raise her eyes at him. She could clearly feel his heated gaze on her, which added a pink tint to her face along with the shy smile. Fiza guided her next to Wajahat.

Once the elders had Finally announced that it was time for the ring ceremony, Wajahat had all but snatched the ring from the ring box and inserted it on her ring finger. Everyone around them laughed out loud but that didn't make him feel teensy bit awkward. Instead he smile with a proud expression. With trembling hands Sana grabbed Wajahat's hand, which he had presented forward and completed the ring ceremony.

When everyone where busy congratulating their parents. Wajahat grabbed hold of her hand and squeezed it gently. Sana's heart jumped to her throat, she wiggled her hand. A feeble attempt to release it from his palm but he was clearly enjoying her nervousness. She glanced around and found her family members busy with the guests.

"Please!" She pleaded in a soft whisper.

"As you say my love." Sana felt her cheeks burning at his words.

*******

"Wajahat....... We're home." Hisham's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. He remained seated there for long moments. Hisham was having a Close watch on his expression. From the sad, thoughtful and vulnerable looks of his face he clearly recognised where his thoughts might've been.

"Allah hafiz." With that he exited the car and strode towards his room, Where isolation was his only companion.

*******