31. Sweet Encounter

"Falak, where are You!?" Falak, who was busy, thinking about everything happening around her was brought back to reality by Tehreem calling her. She stepped inside her room from her balcony and saw that Tehreem was waiting for her with a dress.

It was her engagement dress.

The moment it was a "Yes" from both sides, Fariqa wanted everything done as soon as possible and her engagement date was fixed within the next 3 days. 3 days, which flew by in preparations.

Falak had seen Wajahat's picture and smiled realizing that it was the same stone man. She hadn't met him yet but was satisfied with the fact that her family was happy. She did not have the nerves to even think about what will be their first meeting be like.

"Sweetie! Why are you not ready yet!?" Falak snapped out of her thoughts.

"I just need to blow dry my hair Mom! The rest is just fine." She smiled and glanced at the dress.

"Just fine? You miss! Are the special one tonight and to be honest my house maid looks a lot more good than you." Came Anaab's voice from behind her.

"What? Your house maid seriously?" Falak was shocked at her statement.

"Yes! She wears silk Saree everyday. Even her cotton Saree has gold borders at the edge, her hair always madeup in a braid with lots and lots of oil and tied back in a twisted braid using bright neon ribbons at the end. Even lali stares at her in awe you know." Said Anaab.

Falak was gawking at her with mouth wide open. Tehreem had a hard time holding back her laughter.

"Who's this lali?" Falak asked clearly shocked about the discription with which she was just compared.

"Oh you don't know! Her pet goat?" Said Anaab,  grinning at her.

"Anaab! Wait here You!" Falak grabbed a cushion from here couch and ran out towards the hall. Tehreem laughed out loud with such cute craziness around her.

*******

"Mehek!!! Why are you not ready yet!!" Sabura was astonished to see Mehek still in her home clothes.

"Umm!! Mom!! Can I go with you guys!?" Mehek asked with an unsure expression. It was her best friend's engagement today and she was feeling hesitant to go there. She wanted to be there with Falak, but the last encounter with Ateeb on Fiza's wedding made her hell nervous. No matter how hard she tried to hide, his intense eyes found it's way to her either way.

"What? Mehek! She is your best friend beta! We'll be there by evening but you should be there with her on such special moment her life." She tucked her stray hairs behind her ears.

"Uh! Okay!" Sabura smiled at her daughter's unsure expression.

"Ok! I better get ready then."

"Slow and deep breaths Mehek!" Mehek chanted to herself all the way to Murtaza Villa, but still she felt like there was a bit shortage of courage within her. The car came to a halt and so did her heart. She gulped trying to wet her dried throat. And tip-toed from the driveway towards the porch. She glanced at the hall and saw Ateeb  standing near the sofa, He was busy noting something from a paper on his phone.

Mehek, turned around and made her way towards the back entrance from the garden. She felt like a cat sneaking towards the garden area which was connected to the stairs, leading up.

Ateeb finished his call and continued his journey towards the garden where he had been working on his laptop. But the sight atfront made him stop dead on his tracks.

Mehek was busy admiring the rose buds, dressed in sea green and sky blue printed top with matching double dyed palazzo, sky blue dupatta wrapped up like a shawl around her shoulder. She looked like a beautiful flower herself in between all those tiny flower pots.

Ateeb strode towards her and cleared his throat. Mehek jumped at the simple small voice and turned around only to be frightened to her life. She was staring at him with eyes wide as saucers. Ateeb almost laughed out loud, but then again he controlled it and moved a step forward. She moved a step behind. This time a smile made it's way to Ateeb's face.

"You look like you've seen a Dracula." He wishpered in a low voice.

"You're no less than it." Mehek bit her tongue as soon as she said those words out loud.

"What?" Ateeb was amazed.

"Wow!! You think I'm a Dracula!?" He stepped closer and she stood shell-shocked.

"But I haven't done anything yet!" He whispered again. Mehek blushed hard at his words. She stepped aside with the intention of walking away but couldn't move far away. Ateeb had held her wrist and was looking at her with a smile. She made futile attempts to release her hand from his hold, but he just stood there staring at her. Oblivious to her efforts of releasing her hand.

He walked ahead a few steps and whispered near her left ear.

"You didn't greet me with a salam." He was so close. Mehek could literally feel his hot breath on her cheeks. Her cheeks were now a beautiful shade of pink. Ateeb was awestruck at the sight his eyes beheld.

"As.....sa....l...a..mm..." Mehek stuttered like an infant. Ateeb smiled at her nervousness.

"Sorry I'm not accustomed to this kind of conversation."

"Assalamu alaikum!" She said in a soft low voice. Seconds passed by but he still held her hand. After what seemed like an eternity. His grip finally loosened. Mehek felt relieved but her relief was short lived. Instead of releasing her hand from his palm he slid his fingers towards her palm and gently intertwined their fingers. Mehek's ears burned at the act.

He brought their hands towards his face. Mehek's breath hitched at the nervousness of what might be next. He bent slightly towards her and brushed his nose against her fingers and whispered near her ear.

"Walaikum assalam!" Mehek's heart missed a beat but a shy smile made it's way to her lips with a tint of redness on her cheeks. She tugged her hand and This time Ateeb let it go. She rushed towards the stairs and ran up with still a smile on her face. ,leaving a grinning Ateeb behind.         

Hi there sweeties!!

Here's one for all Ateeb-Mehek lovers! Hope you guys enjoy!!!

Please share your thoughts sweeties!!! Please please pretty please
A request to my silent readers.

It makes my day to read my reader's comments.

My heart fills with unexplainable joy that people like my book.
Please do vote!

Please vote comment and share

Take care!
With lots and lots of love.
            Kiara💞