1. Still Wounded

" Not possible Aarish." His voice was stern, void of emotions.

"Why is it not possible!?it's been 5 years Wajahat ..." Aarish was interrupted by Wajahat's dry laugh.

"You think I don't know how long it has been!? She betrayed me... she said she will always be there for me and yet she forgot her promise and....." His voice got heavy.

"Are you insane? Do you even hear yourself...let me remind you something Mr. Wajahat Ali Hyder,she did not break her promise... she promised you she will be yours till her last breath and she did fullfill her promise."

"Aarish, can we just not talk about this?" He said massaging his temple.

"No, we can't. Why don't you understand wajahat... it's just not about you ... just have a look at your family... when was the last time you saw them really... I mean, when was the last time you had a good humanly conversation with Fariqa khala and uncle!? Nobody dies for the dead Wajahat, how long is it going to take you to understand that.!?"

"Enough!!" He shouted and threw the crystal ball placed at the middle of his office table which shattered into millions of pieces, just like his heart and soul.

He fell down on his chair like a person who had lost his life's ambition.

"It's not easy Aarish, it's not easy... she destroyed me... I'm no Lon..." he was cut off by Aarish's yelling.

"Not easy..!? Not easy for you!??... do you think it's easy for us to move on? She was my sister damn it...." he hit his hand hard on the wooden surface of his office table.

"She was my life Wajahat... the day I saw her in my mom's arms for the first time I was happy beyond belief... she was my gem which i treasured... no matter what her wish was I thought it was my duty, my responsibility to fullfill her wishes, whether it was a simple wish for shopping or crazy adventurous thought of sneaking out of house to learn how to drive at 3 in the morning.. and how do you think it feels when I was the one to hold her when she was....To watch my hands stained with....." he left his sentence incomplete as his eyes got wet. Wajahat closed his eyes which were burning.

"We're all going through the same pain Wajahat... it's not easy for either of us to forget. It hurts like hell. But, we have to accept the truth that she is no more.... people die, relationships don't. She'll always be there with us in our hearts. But that doesn't mean we can stop our life where it is. And you have to do this if not for you, then atleast try to do this for khala. She is devastated. We all are... it's time for you to step forward and face reality."

Wajahat took a deep breath to control his emotions. Every word was like an arrow straight to his heart.

Aarish glanced at Wajahat who was trying to hide his emotions.

"I gotta go. See you later." With that he got up from the chair. He stopped near his door and turned

"Please don't let us down, we wish nothing but the best for you. Allah Hafiz."

"Time is supposed to be the best cure against everything... but why does it hurt so much even after all this time?? Why does it feels like my wounds have worsened with each passing minute? Why am I not healed?" Wajahat leaned back on his chair and closed his eyes, two silent tears escaped from the corner of his eyes.

Hey there sweeties..!!

Let me know how was the first chapter.

As I said before, this is my first story and there will be flaws.
let me know the mistakes in it... but don't be rude.

Feel free to comment on every dialogue 😉

Share as much as you like.

If you like it please click on the cute little gold star.

With love
Kiara💞