12. The Actual Proposal

Falak made it to Mehek's home by 1.30 pm. She went straight to Sabura's room.

"Assalamu alaikum aunty.!" She smiled at her.

"Walaikum assalam beta, where were you!? I've been waiting for you since 1'o clock.!" She said kissing her forehead.

"I was ready but my bhabhi's dress was not!!" Sabura smiled at her.

"By the way aunty, where is she?" Falak asked.

"In her room, still sulking over the fact that she is gonna be engaged to Zaryab!"

"Oops, I think It's time to let her know about her real fiance then.!" She said with a worried expression. She was now afraid to tell her the truth.

"Aunty!!promise me!"She said looking at Sabura.

"Promise?" She was puzzled.

"If anything happens to me, you'll punish Mehek. I bet, after knowing the truth she'll kill me!" She said sighing. Sabura laughed at her expression.

"Nobody dares to harm my daughter.!" She said kissing her cheeks.

"For the first time in my life I feel what a thief must feel like When he steals something.!" She said resting her head at the arm of the couch which was situated at the right side of the wardrobe.

"Huh!? Why do you feel like it dear.!?" Sabura, who was busy arranging her clothes, gave her a surprised look.

"Because bhai doesn't know he is the one getting engaged. We did all the arrangements like a theif, slowly and silently at times I felt like I was doing some thing illegal." She pouted. "Mom's gonna bring mine and Mehek's dress after 5 I guess." She said, more like mumbled to herself.

"Ok aunty I'm gonna go check out on Mehek. It's good to let her know before she transforms into Dracula." She said imitating with her hands on her head. Sabura laughed at her antics.

She headed towards the stairs. A few members were still working on the decorations. Since their dress code was peach colour, They chose white and silver theme for the decoration.

After knocking twice, Falak entered Mehek's room. She was nowhere to be found.

Just when she started opening the balcony door, she heard the sound of water gushing. Seconds later Mehek emerged from her wash room. She was startled to see Falak in her room.

"Masha Allah!! Bride looks ready to be decorated." Falak said looking at her puffy eyes.

"Decorated!? I'm not a wooden board to be Decorated" she glared at her annoyed at the word "bride".

"So!! You ready, I heard that your dress will be here by 5 pm." Falak said sitting on the dressing table. Mehek burst out crying her eyes out. Falak was now nervous and worried at the same time.

"Mehek, Mehek.... please calm down." She comforted her, hugging her.

"Falak,... I.... i... don't.....want....." hiccups were making if tough for her to speak.

"Mehek, relax." She made her sit on her bed and brought her a glass of water. She tried to decline it, but Falak made her drink a little bit of it.

"Now tell me what's wrong!?" She stated calmly, but truth be told, she was anything but calm.

"I don't want to be engaged to him Falak. I...." she started to weep silently.

"Mehek tell me the real reason behind your reluctance over this proposal. And by real I really mean it!! I wanna know what actually is wrong!" She said with a stern voice. After a few silent moments Mehek slumped down her shoulders and said in a low voice.