35. Past and Present

"Mom!! I need to talk to Falak." That was the first time he had spoken her name out loud.

The moment Fariqa had shown him her picture. He had recognised her, unknowingly a smile had made a way to his face, thinking about their encounter, but his smile vanished a second later. His heart had warmed up with the idea of beginning a new life but a cold thought of him sharing it with someone else made him stiff. Fariqa was well aware of the turmoil her son was facing, she kept a calm posture and provided him with the best comfort by hugging him.

"Talk about what exactly Wajahat?" He was snapped back to present by Arqam's question.

There was no trace of humour in his voice or question, Even Aarish couldn't come up with a good lively-teasing sentence.     

"She needs to know! I can't keep her in the dark!!" Aarish opened his mouth but Wajahat stopped him.

"She needs to know that I can't be the king of her utopian world. Even if she thinks so, I need to let her know how hollow I'm deep inside." He spoke, his face void of emotions.

"I'll let her know Wajahat!" Fariqa said heaving a heavy breath.

"But Mom....."

"Wajahat!!I'll speak about this to Tehreem and Kafeel bhai."

"Mom I ......"

"Everyone has their own dreams about their life partners Wajahat. It doesn't matter that you want to come up clean with the matter. You think just because both of you haven't met before is gonna make things easier after you let her know everything? No Wajahat! It's gonna shatter her dreams." Wajahat released a tired sigh.

"I did too Mom!! I did too..." He muttered to himself. Which was clearly heard by everyone. But now one had the audacity to console him. Because even if they did their hollow empty words were nowhere near the loss his soul had suffered.

Photography sessions had begun once the dinner was done. Anaab made Mehek stand right beside Ateeb, he smiled at her and her cheeks warmed up. Falak couldn't raise her eyes to Wajahat, she felt his gaze on her. She had clearly noticed how stiff he had become during the ring ceremony. She was confused at his body language which seemed so stiff and robotic. Like he was forced.

Finally the night came to an end after the clock struck 2 hours after midnight. Wajahat glanced at Falak. Dressed in one of his fav color, she was indeed beautiful, but his heart hollered with a slicing pain.

*past*

"You bloody monkey, potato faced rat! How dare you!?" Wajahat was brutally assaulted by a pillow along with cringe-worthy cussing words, while watching his favourite movie. The pillow had made contact with his head, changing his human hairstyle to a monkey look. He combed his hair with his finger to make him look like a human again. He turned back and found Aarish standing outside the door. Breathing like a mad bull.

"How dare you?" He strode towards him. Wajahat jumped from the sofa and ran outside towards the garden to save his home from further destruction. Aarish chased him to the garden. If anyone had a look at their behaviour, the only thought that might come up to their mind would be "lunatics"   

"You!! How dare you propose my sister!!"

"What are you talking about?" Wajahat rewarded him with an innocent expression.

"I'll let you know what I'm talking about once you come here."

"Look buddy!!"

"Oh I don't want to Mr." Aarish huffed, folding his hands against his chest and tapping his foot on the ground.