37. Feeling Uneasy

Wajahat was busy in his study room with his new project, he was checking all the interview results when his laptop was shut by someone. He raised his head and found Fariqa glaring at him. He was puzzled at what was his mistake?, for his mom surely looked a bit angry at him.

"Is that your new project Wajahat!?" She pointed towards the heaps of file on his table.

"Yes mom!! All the interviews are done successfully. Only the architect hasn't been finalised. I'm looking for someone with much more....." She raised her palm and signalled him to stop.

"I don't want to know about your work progress. Actually I've come here with a warning." He looked at her with a puzzled expression.

"Warning!?"

"Yes!! Dare you start the project now, I'll have no mercy on you."

"Mom!! But...." He pleaded but it seemed to have no effect on her. She closed her eyes and shook her head in a no. Wajahat sighed and leaned back.

"Go get some rest!! From the past two days you've been in your office or your study room." She said, brushing his hair back.

"You had dinner!?"

"Umm!! No Mom!! Was a little bit preoccupied with these." He waved his hands at the table.

"When was the last time you've had a proper meal?" He frowned at her question.

"I had......" He wanted to reply but he couldn't remember. He focused hard and found out that his engagement was the last day he had a perfect three time meal, which was almost a week ago. He sighed and closed his eyes. Fariqa strode out without a word, she was back after 15 minutes with a plate in her hand.

She dragged Wajahat outside the study room into his bedroom. And without a single word, She made him eat his dinner by her hands.

Wajahat couldn't stop himself from thinking something, something which was gut wrenching. Even after years of patience, the only thing his heart could grasp was sorrow. He gulped water along with the lump which had formed in his throat. 

*******

*past*

With eyes bulging out of sockets and jaw dropped to the floor! Wajahat gawked at his parents like they've just declared him no food or water for 6 months. Fariqa and Ashraf both burst out laughing.

"Wwwhhhhhaaaattttt??? Mom, Dad, you think this is funny?" He asked, from his expressions one could tell that he was ready to cry any minute.

"Funny? No my son it's beyond funny!" Said Ashraf with a smile.

"6 months Dad!? 6 months!? That's just brutality!!" He whined, closing his eyes. 

"You're too much Wajahat!! You know I was eager for my wedding too but I wasn't this desperate." Fariqa blushed bad at Ashraf's words.

"Really!? You were!?" Wajahat smiled at his father.

"Ofcourse I was!" He smiled, Fariqa smacked Ashraf's hand, to which he laughed.

"But Dad!! 6 months are like, umm... don't you think a bit long.... not a bit... but too long...!" He said exaggerating with a dramatic sigh.

"Really!! Then show about 1 month then!" Ashraf asked.

"It's a bit long too but I can get used to it, I mean I'm okay with it." Said Wajahat, his gesture was like he was agreeing for something which had no other choice.

"Ashraf I think we should have agreed to Umar Bhai's decision."

"Really!! What was his decision!?" Wajahat asked with a huge smile. But his smile turned upside down when he heard their answer.