42. Mehendi

"What are you looking at my lady!?" Asked Sufiyan to his beloved wife, who was engrossed, watching their daughter.

"Our life." She pointed towards the sofa where Mehek was seated, dressed in yellow and green dress she looked gorgeous even without a speck of makeup. Sufiyan smiled at her. Their eyes shone with happiness but we're still moist with the thought that they were gonna face the harsh silence of an empty home within few hours. Hiding the moisture of their eyes behind a happy smile both strode towards the open terrace.

The had booked a roof top garden and a closed air conditioned hall at the top floor of le'meridian hotel. The venue for the bride and the groom family were the same, the only relief Mehek felt was the partition which was placed to have separate hall for men and women.

It wasn't just Mehek who felt relieved, knowing that Wajahat was gonna be here for the mehendi ceremony had made Falak nervous like hell. It was the first time after their engagement, never once was there a call from Wajahat, Falak understood that he needed time to accept all that was going on. But that certainly didn't stop her heart from dancing at the sound of his name.

*******

"What's the initial dear!?" Mehek was puzzled at the mehendi artist's question.

"Initials for what!?" She laughed at her question.

"I'm asking the name of your hubby!?" Mehek blushed at her words.

"Bhabhi jaan save this pretty blush for tomorrow, for now let's try something new." Saying Falak sat right beside Mehek. She whispered some thing to the mehendi artist to which she smiled and continued her work.

"What are you up to!? What did you say to her?" Asked Mehek.

"You'll know that soon Mehek bhabhi." Falak pinched her cheeks and turned towards another mehendi artist who was waiting for her.

"Masha Allah, Masha Allah..... my beauty queens are looking gorgeous." Said Anaab faking the accent of an old lady.

"Thank you grandma." Mehek and Falak said at the same time. All three giggled at each other.

"Well, the glow on Mehek's face is quite predictable but our little Miss. Falak Murtaza is glowing like a flame trying to draw Wajahat bhai to her like a moth." Anaab's statement made Falak blush furiously.

"Ya Allah! Quiet You!" She hushed, Anaab and Mehek giggled at her reaction.

"The only thing that'll make you preoccupied is..... ummm..... a wish from the bottom of our hearts. Oh my Allah!!  Please find a suitable donkey for our Anaab."

"Donkey!? Hmph!! Mine would be a prince charming with a good sense of humour." She huffed raising her invisible collars.

"Aha!! So that you guys turn your home into comedy circus!?" Mehek giggled at her friends. Unknown that two eyes were stuck on her.

Ateeb who was searching for Tehreem was dumbstruck at the sight in front him. He couldn't force his eyes to move away from the beauty who was soon gonna be his better half. With lots and lots of will power and a good bunch of cursing from himself he forced his eyes down and stepped ahead but stopped short when he heard Wajahat's voice. He turned towards the stairs to welcome the guests.

"Assalamu alaikum!" Greeted Wajahat with a small smile and hugged him.

"Walaikum assalam" Ateeb hugged him back.

"Ya Allah!" Both Ateeb and Wajahat turned towards the painful wail and found Aarish looking ahead with his palm on his forehead. He looked like a kid who was denied a lollipop. He was gazing at the partition with such concern that Hisham controlled his laughter with great difficulty