57. Answerless

The morning sun shone bright with all its might accompanied by a soft soothing breeze. Everything around in the garden screemed peace within itself. Falak lovingly gazed at the pink roses. But her mind wandered back to the last week's incident.

It had already been a week and she was trying her best to avoid Wajahat. Every time he entered their room she exited the room. Even If he was engrossed in his work she would make a beeline towards the library, but she couldn't even understand a simple words that came in front of her eyes.

She sighed and moved towards the flower bushes, the air around it held their delicate fragrance. She roamed around the garden aimlessly.

"Falak!" Fariqa's voice brought her back to reality.

" I'm here mom." She replied back from behind the tree.

"Beta!! Me and dad will be going to an NGO charity event this evening. It's a donation event meant for kids. Wajahat accompanies us to this every year as well... will you come with us?"

"Kids!?" She questioned a bit puzzled.

"Yeah!! The donation covers, their education and medicinal expenses as well."

"OK mom." She smiled.

Falak got ready humming a pleasant tune. Fariqa had informed her that Wajahat will be joining them straight from his office and she breathed a sigh of relief. His intense gaze made her loose all of her confident, words and more over her heart had decided to cross all boundries of speed when Wajahat was around.

She chose a ombre dyes grey and yellow gown with antique silver colored embellishments for the event. She decided to try something new with her makeup. She did a winged eyeliner with all the attention along with nude eyeshadow and bold red lips. She chose statement danglers to be paired with her outfit. Happy with the results, she stepped out from the closet. Making her way down the stairs.

Fariqa smiled looking at her.

"Masha Allah!! My daughter looks beautiful." Falak blushed at her compliment. Her cheeks turned a darker shade of pink thinking about how Wajahag might react looking at her.

Together they left for the venue with their driver. Ashraf had also decided to arrive at the venue with Wajahat. Everything went good at the beginning, Wajahat and Ashraf arrived 30 minutes later. Ashraf spotted them both at their table and moved towards them, Wajahat just followed behind him.

His entire world stopped the moment his eyes found his wife. Her cheeks automatically turned into a beautiful shade of pink, but the smile she gave him made his feet moved towards her.

"Assalamu Alaikum!" She greeted, he nodded and whispered back the reply near her ears. Many eyes moved towards them with awe and a few were jealous beyond measure. One among the jealous one was Mrs Zulaikha Sultan. Long ago her husband Mr. Sultan had been denied a merger contract at the Hyder enterprises, she managed to swallow that bitter pill, hoping that someday she will get her daughter married to Wahajat but he got engaged to Sana. Her jealousy knew no bounds, but she stopped coming across them after Sana's death, she certainly didn't want a life filled with hurdles for her daughter. But the moment she saw Wajahat with Falak, she was again engulfed in the same feeling.

With a fake smile she walked to their table.
The happy glow she saw on Falak's face was too much for her to handle.

"Assalamu Alaikum Mrs. Hyder." Fariqa's smile vanished at her arrival. She forced a tight smile on her lips.

"Walaikum assalam." She nodded her head trying to avoid any kind of unwanted conversation with her. She was well aware of her nature.

"Who is this!?"  She pointed towards Falak, which grabbed Wajahat's attention as well.