56. Beautiful Indeed

By the time they reached home it was close to midnight, Fariqa and Ashraf were already done for the day. Together they both walked inside the hall but going a little further Falak marched towards the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" She stopped at Wajahat's question.

"Kitchen." She said.

"I can see that, but why are you going to kitchen?" He raised an eye brow at her answer.

"I'm hungry" He stood there with mouth agape at her answer.

"Hungry?? Falak! We just had our dinner a little while ago." He was genuinely shocked.

"Ummm.... I'm hungry for Ice Cream." She laughed at his expression. Truth was she wasn't hungry, she wasn't even craving for Ice cream she just wanted to hide from her dear husband for a little while. His continuous gaze on her made her feel shy.

"I think you've had enough Ice cream for today." She pouted at him

"I did not have any after dinner." She whined.

"So!? You had three before that. And let's not forget the chocolate smoothie which had extra two scoop of ice cream on top." Saying he grabbed her hand and climbed the stairs. Pouting all the way to their room she followed him in silence.

"How rude of you!! You measure how much I eat!? You count them!??" She said trying to ignore the way he was looking at her.

"Yes I do! Especially the amount of chocolate and dessert you eat." He folded his arms across his chest.

"Hmph." She huffed and moved to their closet. Wajahat shook his head at her behavior. She came out wearing a simple cotton printed salwar suit. Wajahat now headed to the closet with the shopping bags. Informing Falak that he Will be keeping the watch bag in her wardrobe he hid the jewellery box in his. Wajahat came out wearing t-shirt and sweatpants and saw that Falak had already dozed off. Smiling he switched off the lights.

*******

"Falak! We're gonna be late." Wajahat glanced at his watch and stood from the couch.

"Just a min." Her voice echoed from the closet. Done with her makeup she wore her necklace and earrings. Turning around she moved to the shoe racks and started searching for something similar to her dress. Finally she spotted a white heeled sandals, it had crystal embellishment at the back of the heels. Grabbing hold of her clutch from the dressing table she moved out.

Wajahat was stunned the moment his eyes fell on his beloved wife. She was dressed in sea green straight cut knee lenght top with narrow pants. It had silver sequin, cut Dana and zardozi work on top and on the front side of the pants as well a smilar thin border on all sides of dupatta. She had set her dupatta on her left shoulder. His heart was trying to run a marathon it seemed. With great difficulty he moved his eyes away from her, he walked to their closet and opened his cupboard, taking out the bangle gift box he came out.

Bringing out the sandals she sat on their bed to wear her heels, she noticed Wajahat moving towards their closet. Once she was done she turned to her left where she had kept her hand clutch, placing her mobile phone inside, she noticed she had forgotten to wear her bangles. She groaned and stood from her place.

"What happened!?" He asked looking at her slumped shoulders.

"One minute pls I forgot to wear my bangles." Saying she walked ahead but was stopped by a firm yet gentle grip on her wrist. Her heart jumped to her throat. With great difficulty she turned around. Looking at him with confused eyes. Her cheeks a beautiful shade of pink without any blush. Uncontrollably he tugged her towards him, Falak was not prepared for this, she collided to his chest. One of palm placed right on his heart wheras the other one on his arms.